Author Topic: [Resource/Beta 0.4] Custom Player Animations  (Read 54904 times)

-Custom Player Animations Beta 0.4-

After several hundred hours of work that spanned about 4 months, I have finally gotten an acceptable working file for making custom player animations to the default player. I recommend you have some background experience with blender animations, the torque exporter for blender, and a bit of add-on making skill as I will not be holding your hand through this.

Player Model: Download
Note: Delete the preset frames as needed, but leave or modify the original (first) frames instead of clearing them.
(Unless you want some seriously weird bone angles.)

Blender's Torque Exporter (For Blender 2.49b only!)
Download

You'll need Chrono's Player Add-On to house the custom animations.
Download

You will also need a crack of a DTS and DSQ importer/exporter, Shaper.
(Shaper can no longer be purchased so this is justifiable)
Download

Optional: Want the blender source file?
Get ready for complexity...
Download

-Directions-

1. Animate to your heart's content with the currently working bones.
2. Set up the sequence in the Torque Exporter, make sure it outputs a .dsq file.
3. Open Shaper, import the player model (m.dts), and import your .dsq animation.
4. Check it in shaper by playing the animation, export the .dsq animation again.*
5. Put the .dsq file in .../Script_Playeranimationtest/content/player/ and give it a name that overwrites one of the preexisting animation files such as m_armreadyboth.dsq.
6. Open Blockland, enable the add on, and set your playertype to the animation tester.
7. Do whatever action will trigger your animation, cross your fingers.

*I have no idea why but Blockland doesn't like anims spat out directly from blender, so run them through shaper and it should be fine.

-Known Issues-
*Faces appear to be missing
*Left hand is about 0.5 degrees off
*Both feet are slightly below where they should be on the blender model (It is fine in game)
*Female torso and hip segments not yet supported (will be fixed in 0.5)
*Shaper blows

-Change log-

v0.1
**Initial Beta Release
*Fixed arm bones
*Fixed hand bones

v0.1 - v0.2
*Fixed right hook bone
*Fixed head bones
*Fixed leg bones

v0.2 - v0.3
*Fixed feet bones

v0.3 - v.0.4
*Fixed regular chest bone
*Fixed regular pants bone

-Active Bones-
Code: (Fully Functional) [Select]
Head
chest100 (Torso)
pants100
LeftArm
LeftHand
LShoe100 (Left Foot)
RightArm
RightHand
RShoe100 (Right Foot)

-Corrected Bones-
Code: (Rotation Anomalies Fixed) [Select]
bicorn100
copHat100
Helmet100
knitHat100
Larm100
Larm100box
LarmSlim100
LarmSlim100box
plume100
Rhand100
scoutHat100
septPlume100
triPlume100
Visor100

-Tentative Project Road Map-

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:02:49 AM by Badspot »

You will also need a crack of a program called Shaper.
Download

Remove that link unless you want to get banned.

As far as I can tell, Shaper is no longer commercially available and the original website for it http://www.inversesoftware.com.au is blank.  I'm going to allow this.  Although as usual, there is risk associated with downloading and running executables from untrusted sources. 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 06:21:38 AM by Port »

Did you just release a crack for a commercial program?

Edit: Holy stuff yes you did. I suggest you take that link down now. It appears the thread has been open for 5 hours so I'd say he'll be banned any minute now.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 07:48:15 AM by Demian »

Badspot

• Administrator
As far as I can tell, Shaper is no longer commercially available and the original website for it http://www.inversesoftware.com.au is blank.  I'm going to allow this.  Although as usual, there is risk associated with downloading and running executables from untrusted sources. 

That had to have happened recently. The Inverse Software site was up a month ago. I guess one of the few DTS importers is now abandonware.

That DTS exporter doesn't work for blender 2.61, or I couldn't install correctly.

Is there any DTS exporter out there that works for 2.61, I've searched and found nothing.

That DTS exporter doesn't work for blender 2.61, or I couldn't install correctly.

Is there any DTS exporter out there that works for 2.61, I've searched and found nothing.
Sadly, no, as far as anything I have heard on the subject has indicated. You have to import the model in 2.49 and export it from there.

The latest DTS exporter is only for Blender 2.49. There are no DTS exporters for later Blender versions. Though there is one person that is working on an exporter for 2.5 but it is still in it's very early steps and nothing usable will be available for a long time.

Thanks. Yes, the site went down a few months ago... and it's really the only way I've gotten animations to work in your game.

It appears the hook on the right hand is messed up? is it just for me?

It appears the hook on the right hand is messed up? is it just for me?

Yep, you're absolutely right. Some of the bones still like to mess up, I'll fix that. Thanks.

Dp you use exporter beta3? this exporter's a glitchy mess when it comes to adding animations.

Dp you use exporter beta3? this exporter's a glitchy mess when it comes to adding animations.

Yea I do, but I have no problems... did you skip steps 3 and 4?

i mean it's glitchy when actually hitting the create animations from actions button. it says markers already exist on seperate animation, and then it screws up the playback.

you should also ship the next beta with an armyreadyboth animation.

i mean it's glitchy when actually hitting the create animations from actions button. it says markers already exist on seperate animation, and then it screws up the playback.

you should also ship the next beta with an armyreadyboth animation.

Oh! Um, just click Add new... in the Seq Properties window, then adjust the start and end frames to your liking. That's what I do.