Author Topic: [Resource/Beta 0.4] Custom Player Animations  (Read 55609 times)

And if you want to know how the faces are missing, research how IFL frames are handled in blockland (decals and faces).

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=145968.msg3391844#msg3391844

Chrono's add-on may not send the image to the player (idk how it works really), the add-on doesn't know what the hell its talking about when you come to IFls, or whatever. I have no idea how they are applied the the model.

The players already have the image. The IFL file in the edited player references the default faces and decals. When hosting, I think the decals and faces also appear visible. I can try playing with the functions to attempt to make it appear, I suppose.

Something that strikes me as odd about using IFL frames as decals is that would not allow for customization, thus necessitating a new system for custom decals and faces that may as well be used on the default ones too. Since it seems to operate through frames identified only by a number, even dynamically generated IFL animations wouldn't sync between clients right using that number alone.

Update: I'll try to get v0.5 out by over the weekend...

How can I bring this into the MilkShape 3D environment. I rather use a program I'm more experienced with than jump into something I will get lost in. Will there eventually be an option .ms3d download for these? I can assure you I may not be the only one that would like this too.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:21:15 AM by A Twig »

How can I bring this into the MilkShape 3D environment. I rather use a program I'm more experienced with than jump into something I will get lost in. Will there eventually be an option .ms3d download for these? I can assure you I may not be the only one that would like this too.
I would as well

Yes, at some point I will include a Milkshape format into the package, but it doesn't take priority yet...

Update: So I recently wiped my entire hard drive (backing everything up of course.) I need to copy over the project files; I plan on resuming and wrapping up this project in July. As I said earlier, I will make a polished tutorial on how to use this resource, it's just a matter of motivation and getting around to it.

That will be much appreciated. Limited movement is my biggest obstacle.

How would I go about getting a DTS in shaper to milkshape whilst still keeping scale / textures / bones intact?

How would I go about getting a DTS in shaper to milkshape whilst still keeping scale / textures / bones intact?
shaper... using abandoned old programs to mod is weak. hopefully we wont be outdated for long. I don't think you can btw

Instructions of how to install?

I didint used those programs, so please instructions

If you don't even know how to install this I would doubt you would know what to use this for and how to use it.

When I'm copying shaper.exe from the crack folder to Shaper in program files, I don't know if it works or not. I entered the admin password correctly and I tried running shaper.

It says it's nonfunctional after 30 days, meaning that the crack didn't work...
Wtf?

I'm confused; I am also new to animations, does this let me import to Milkshape and have the matching animations appear on the player model playertype?

The only part I can't figure out is how to delete the default animation for this :/

I guess I will post this here.
When people connect, they get an error "Missing Sequence Add-ons/Player_Heed/ for Add-ons/Player_Heed/Custom.dts".