Author Topic: Tutorial print segment  (Read 1185 times)

Not many of you may notice, But many people from other countries whit English not as their main language, might have problems whit the "Pig goes ____" and "Cow goes _____" puzzle since the animal noises are written differently in different languages, and some people might not know what these words actually are. I remember myself having to go trough all the letters because i had no idea what cow or pig goes in English. Im requesting the sections puzzle will be changed to something else thats friendly for players from other countries, for like something that everybody knows.

Do /wand and destroy the brick blocking the doorway.

Otherwise it seems like a lot of trouble to make them multilingual, so I guess as a compromise it could allow you to pass as long as you put any kind of print on a brick.

It could be math based, couldn't it?
Like simple stuff.

I remember years ago when this was brought to attention before. Years ago some sort of swedish-speaking kid or something tried to play the tutorial but couldnt beat the printer level cause he kept putting "the pig goes loon" or something weird like that, since he didnt know to use "oink". Blockland is a US-Oriented game, it is not intended to accomodate people who don't understand english.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 07:10:47 AM by Planr »

if they don't know English they wont buy blockland

Here's something they'll understand: 2+2= ?    ; Add that to the tutorial. :cookieMonster:

Here's something they'll understand: 2+2= ?    ; Add that to the tutorial. :cookieMonster:
It could be math based, couldn't it?
Like simple stuff.

he kept putting "the pig goes loon" or something weird like that, since he didnt know to use "oink".

For some reason, I laughed at this.

I remember years ago when this was brought to attention before. Years ago some sort of swedish-speaking kid or something tried to play the tutorial but couldnt beat the printer level cause he kept putting "the pig goes loon" or something weird like that, since he didnt know to use "oink". Blockland is a US-Oriented game, it is not intended to accomodate people who don't understand english.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=125232.0

This is like that topic where JPSC was requesting Japanese character support for a grand total of two people.

This reminded me of the first time i did tutorial, as soon as i got to the wrench brick i made a Rl and just blew up every door.