Author Topic: [GSF] Ghost is back!!  (Read 10485 times)

Are you dense? Do you not understand what the word looks means?
okay then, I might have misinterpreted what heed was saying but my point towards apht still stands

though even then it barely looks like minecraft except for the pixelation and trees.

Minecraft doesn't have slopes guys.

That's exactly what I'm doing lol (pics are attached). I've decided to make all the faces use the print texture, so you can apply the textures you like - but I'll have a default set with it, along with transitional textures.
Ah i see. Good. :)
Well, looking forward to it.

Everyone's argument is invalid now.

Everyone's argument is invalid now.
I thought the debate was about textures.

The terrains look nice.  You should talk with Nexus about making an automatic terrain generator GUI for you.

I ran into a problem with the lighting: it seems that after applying a print texture to the cubes, every face becomes uniform in shading (I don't think this is due to the normals). The same thing happens with Tophius' Print Cubes. I don't now how to fix this, and it makes it hard to distinguish the faces from one another. If anyone has any ideas how to fix this that would really help, otherwise I have to keep the default brick textures.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured out how to get around this.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:23:41 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

I gasped when i saw this.

Am I the only one who thinks this looks bad?

We're two.

Don't know why people are so excited. I find this pretty boring and unnecessary.

But yeah, I've never liked maps anyways.. so this may be a good way to satisfy you maplovers or whatever..

I don't like the stupid uncolorable texture, but it's a good concept.
I think flats should have regular brick textures and anything ramped just be blank.

TERRAIN BRICKS ARE TEH FUTURE!

That's a really good idea. holy crap.

I don't like the stupid uncolorable texture, but it's a good concept.
I think flats should have regular brick textures and anything ramped just be blank.
I don't want to give away any more information just yet, but I already have a solution to satisfy both camps - those who want realistic textures and those who want the default brick textures.

I gasped when i saw this.
Sadly the finished terrain bricks won't be affected by fog (unless v21 has engine changes to allows this), but it should still look good.

I'm terrified that we're trying so hard to be Minecraft, that looks disgusting.

I'm really losing faith in humanity here everytime that is said.
EVERY loving TIME ANOTHER GAME USES BLOCKY TERRAIN
IT IS CALLED A MINECRAFT COPY.

IT IS NOT.
THE GAMES ARE SO INSANELY DIFFERENT THAT THEY'RE NOT COMPARABLE IN ANY WAY.

Oh hey, my garden just grew flowers. Obviously a minecraft ripoff.
I went to the beach last year, and I really thought that was a minecraft ripoff as well!
I went to a petting zoo with my little cousin two years ago as well.
They copied minecraft!

I'm really losing faith in humanity here everytime that is said.
EVERY loving TIME ANOTHER GAME USES BLOCKY TERRAIN
IT IS CALLED A MINECRAFT COPY.

IT IS NOT.
THE GAMES ARE SO INSANELY DIFFERENT THAT THEY'RE NOT COMPARABLE IN ANY WAY.

Oh hey, my garden just grew flowers. Obviously a minecraft ripoff.
I went to the beach last year, and I really thought that was a minecraft ripoff as well!
I went to a petting zoo with my little cousin two years ago as well.
They copied minecraft!
PAUSE FEATURE

MINECRAFT COPY