Door Bricks

Author Topic: Door Bricks  (Read 2750 times)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFZAr4kakrs&feature=related

Did you guys knew it was possible to have .BLB door bricks? Someone should make their own versions of these.

What is the point?

To not loving make invisible bricks that you click on to close door.

/support.

Phydeoux should try and find a way to fix the 'ugliness' with Undulo paint or something

They're better than JVS, but these have been around for a few months.

This seems cool
But if you want a door with animations, you need to stick to jvs

It could still have opening and closing sounds by making it add a few events when it's planted.

But can it have animations?

This seems cool
But if you want a door with animations, you need to stick to jvs

I really don't care about door animations. I just want a real brick door.

Some Pros and Cons to door bricks.

Pros:
   -Far easier to render a door brick than a JVS door. Meaning you can have a lot more on screen at the same time.
   -Door bricks have a collision when open.
   -Slightly enhanced realism. You have to click the door itself to close it, instead of it closing on its own.
   -Can be Trans and FX painted. Chrome door, glowing door, glass/crystal door, jello door, etc.
   -Doesn't use up any events to work. (Can't get stuck or broken. No event knowledge required to make it work)
Cons:
   -Can't be linked to switches via events (at least currently. who knows if someone can introduce new events or something later)
   -Harder to make a blb than a dts. You won't be seeing a large pack anytime soon.
   -No swinging animation. (though it might be possible to add a 3rd, diagonal 'in between' door that exists momentarily)

I don't think it looks ugly. It looks like the Lego door, and I'm guessing it uses the same system as the Treasure Chest?

Me Gusta

/support

Id probably use them more often than JVS

/support

Hows it easier to render it?
Wait it doesnt use a .dts for shape? I thought .blb was for textures and whether you can place bricks on it only... Ugh, confused

-Doesn't use up any events to work. (Can't get stuck or broken. No event knowledge required to
This can be a problem if you want to have a door stay locked until you press a button or use a key or something.
/support

Hows it easier to render it?
Wait it doesnt use a .dts for shape? I thought .blb was for textures and whether you can place bricks on it only... Ugh, confused
.blb is the file extension for bricks themselves, the doors attached to the JVS door bricks are dts shapes separate from the actual brick, which is set automatically not to render. I'm not sure why blbs easier to render, they just are. The treasure chest is a .blb, and Badspot said he could have over a hundred of those on screen at once with the same FPS as when he had 50 or so JVS doors on screen at once.

Uh, JVS doors don't cause lag for me... I can have hundred of those
Just if i then trigger them all to open at the same time it either says 'too many events at once' or causes fatal lag