11 (13.6%)
Charr
20 (24.7%)
Sylvari
9 (11.1%)
Asura
8 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2 - Dragon Festivals, woo  (Read 66623 times)

If you love MMO's, you'll want to check out GW2. If you hate MMO's, you'll REALLY want to to check out GW2.

For generations, war and chaos raged across the land of Tyria. Five great races competed and warred against each other, struggling to tip the balance of power in their favor.

Then the dragons woke.

The all-powerful beasts stirred from their millennial sleep under earth and sea. With their magical breath the dragons spread destruction and created legions of twisted slaves. A deathless dragon named Zhaitan raised the sunken nation of Orr, triggering earthquakes and tidal waves that destroyed entire cities across the Sea of Sorrows.

Zhaitan's undead armies surged from the sea, hungry for the destruction of the five races of Tyria: the charr, a ferocious race of feline warriors; the asura, magical inventors of small size and great intellect; the norn, towering shapeshifters from the frigid northern lands; the sylvari, a mysterious young race of visionary plant folk; and the humans, an embattled but resilient people.

Now heroes from the five races must set aside ancient rivalries and stand together against their common enemies.

Magic, technology, and cold steel will determine the ultimate fate of the world.

Shadow of the Mad King

500 years ago, a tyrannical Krytan king was slain by his own people, those who had suffered greatly during his reign of lunacy. It is said that this king’s body was chopped into pieces, and his spirit was banished to the Underworld, but that he can return to the mortal realm for just one day a year: on Halloween.

Of course, that’s just an old folktale. Isn’t it?

It’s been 250 years since the last alleged sighting of Mad King Thorn’s spirit, and today, Halloween is safely celebrated by children (and merchants) all across Tyria.

But! Strange energies are rising under the autumn moon. Is there perhaps some truth to the old stories? Do you dare to find out what’s really going on?

Event Page

((Buy the game here))
(This game has no subscription fee)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:10:53 PM by skill4life »

« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:10:42 AM by skill4life »

Bit expensive, but looks worth the money.

I am not sure if i will get it though. :S

any news on when beta/live starts?

any news on when beta/live starts?
They're expected to be once a month, rumors that the first one will happen last weekend this month.

Updated thread a ton, will add more tomorrow, including why you should get it and why the combat is amazing.
and PVP and PVE stuff
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:20:37 AM by skill4life »

going to preorder the game this weekend hopefully

game's going to be kickass

going to preorder the game this weekend hopefully

game's going to be kickass
aww yeah.
already pre-purchased CE for beta access B)

probably going to be taking the path of an elementalist
swagswag

I( pre purchased yesterday

hoping they are doing a beta for preorders next weekend.
Sadly I doubt it will be this weekend unless they send out emails about it today, since for previous betas they allowed for time to download the client a during the week before a beta weekend.

I wish they just had an ongoing beta, it would be cool.

I pre-ordered yesterday also, I'll be playing a necromancer probably.

You know that hype I had for this game for so long?

Well I cant run it. fffffffforget. Need a new video card. I think mine is just under or very minimum accepted settings.
I believe everything else is fine.

forget yeah, just got back from gamestop and got my code
awwwwww yeah

This looks amazing. When is it out?