3 (9.7%)
Mango
4 (12.9%)
Mango
1 (3.2%)
Mango
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Zombies in the Bluzone** [[CLOSING]]  (Read 480888 times)

You have no idea how this server used to be.

No, they have no idea how the server used to be. And it's probably not going to be a carbon copy of the original. That doesn't mean it's going to be bad, or even worse. It's going to be a spinoff, a take on the idea, but not the same thing.

Some advice for the people making a spinoff:
Keep it small. Get a bunch of dedicated RPers who want to play your server whenever it goes up. It's the closest you can come to a survivor community that doesn't have people randomly disappearing all the time. (disconnecting)
Learn from our mistakes. Don't try to emulate the bluzone. Think of it as a new rp.

I don't think I'll be joining the new rp, but if it's a hit, I probably will.

I just don't like the idea of keeping it small and secluded. It just doesn't seem fair.

No, they have no idea how the server used to be. And it's probably not going to be a carbon copy of the original. That doesn't mean it's going to be bad, or even worse. It's going to be a spinoff, a take on the idea, but not the same thing.

I just don't like the idea of keeping it small and secluded. It just doesn't seem fair.
That's what kinda killed Bluzone**. We need people who we know who won't RDM, and RP badly.

Have the server passworded but the password openly aviable.

The thing is, there are two extremes to the RP spectrum. One is the stupid "Family RP", which has a bajillion noobs and idiots joining (and the trolls who just say "cna i b doge" and disconnect) and the other is the exclusive password rp that almost nobody has ever noticed. The Bluzone was closer to the "exclusive" side, and Cysero's Medieval RP was more toward the "too many people" side. I think what ruined Cysero's server was a stupid admin storyline with a crazy robot commander from the future (ironically me and some other dude jumped around the room with hookshots and glitchy ice/dark magic and Galaxia swords to gameplay-kill him and it actually worked lol). But it got a lot of idiots, and it pissed me off how often I had to get rid of stupid spam and how often someone failed to ghost everything before saving.

The thing is, there are two extremes to the RP spectrum. One is the stupid "Family RP", which has a bajillion noobs and idiots joining (and the trolls who just say "cna i b doge" and disconnect) and the other is the exclusive password rp that almost nobody has ever noticed. The Bluzone was closer to the "exclusive" side, and Cysero's Medieval RP was more toward the "too many people" side. I think what ruined Cysero's server was a stupid admin storyline with a crazy robot commander from the future (ironically me and some other dude jumped around the room with hookshots and glitchy ice/dark magic and Galaxia swords to gameplay-kill him and it actually worked lol). But it got a lot of idiots, and it pissed me off how often I had to get rid of stupid spam and how often someone failed to ghost everything before saving.

I understand.

That's what kinda killed Bluzone**. We need people who we know who won't RDM, and RP badly.

Well the people who RP badly doesn't really matter. I mean, if they are really dedicated to Rping then they will learn of others and eventually be better Rpers then before.

That doesn't mean it will fix what happened to this. It won't be able to fill that "hole."

That doesn't mean it will fix what happened to this. It won't be able to fill that "hole."
It's impossible to ever fill any "hole". Everything changes and nothing will ever be the same. Some people become too hung-up on the past and what was to ever enjoy what is and what may be.

Some advice for the people making a spinoff:
Keep it small. Get a bunch of dedicated RPers who want to play your server whenever it goes up. It's the closest you can come to a survivor community that doesn't have people randomly disappearing all the time. (disconnecting)
Learn from our mistakes. Don't try to emulate the bluzone. Think of it as a new rp.

I don't think I'll be joining the new rp, but if it's a hit, I probably will.

Holy stuff. This is exactly what I said.

Have the server passworded but the password openly aviable.

This is what I meant too.

It's impossible to ever fill any "hole". Everything changes and nothing will ever be the same. Some people become too hung-up on the past and what was to ever enjoy what is and what may be.

Regardless if it's a spin-off or not, it will just be another role-play.

Regardless if it's a spin-off or not, it will just be another role-play.

All role-plays have been "just another role-play".

It's up to us to make it a good one.

Well the people who RP badly doesn't really matter. I mean, if they are really dedicated to Rping then they will learn of others and eventually be better Rpers then before.

They do. They disrupt the roleplay and immersion

They do. They disrupt the roleplay and immersion

I agree 100% percent with this.

Most of the time they are just wandering around, aimlessly.

Abram "Doc" Terger

There he was, in the Underground Laboratories as usual. Nothing had changed for him, really. Here he sat with the creatures he had spent so much of his waning time with, tapping away on keyboards, writing on paper, studying, fabricating... and yet there he stayed.

He mourned silently as the radio transmissions went dark. No one talked anymore because there was no one left.

They were all gone.

He had set out to survive, and so he did. He changed. No longer was he the quiet, humble and curious scientist he used to be. From his point of view, it was accelerated evolution. But in reality, this was not the truth. He had become a rage borne monster, shunning everyone around him until they all fell away like rain drops.

He promised he would carry the Survivors and keep them alive, but he failed in his task, for he could not contain his wretched anger.

So it was there in the Laboratory he would remain, feasting on the benefits of his sustaining condition until there was nothing left in the world for him to exist for.