Rebuilding Titanic

Poll

If it could be done, would you cruise on it?

Yes!
61 (64.9%)
No!
33 (35.1%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Author Topic: Rebuilding Titanic  (Read 5367 times)

the reason why they don't rebuild the titanic is the same reason why they don't make older cars anymore there's just no point making something older when you have newer things

Actually I'd like to see a stationary titanic replica fixed to the ground and unable to move. It would be a great museum or history experience.

Actually I'd like to see a stationary titanic replica fixed to the ground and unable to move. It would be a great museum or history experience.
That would be cool, actually.  If they made a replica and had it sailing people would avoid it out of pure superstition and immediately jump on a bandwagon of "OMG ITS CURSED" if even the most minor things happened.  There was actually a headline that said that the cruise that was taking the exact sea route that the Titanic took a week or two ago had to detour back a bit closer to land for a medical emergency and I think some people would jump on that as bad luck.

the reason why they don't rebuild the titanic is the same reason why they don't make older cars anymore there's just no point making something older when you have newer things
It wouldn't be to beat modern ships, it would be built to show how grand it was, and the history, maybe a museum. And it would be cool to see a ship like that in real life, they were really beautiful.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:24:39 PM by Dimitry »

people seem to think the titanic was the biggest ever.

when modern cruise ships are already MUCH loving bigger

people seem to think the titanic was the biggest ever.

when modern cruise ships are already MUCH loving bigger

In its time it was the biggest, no?

In its time it was the biggest, no?
I think it was.  But yeah the ones we have now completely shatter that record anyway.

Well, I think this was a fairly decent discussion.

Have you seen the Oasis and Allure of the seas?
I'm going on Oasis in May :D

Anyway, when people think of the name Titanic, they think of a sinking ship. It would be bad business to make a ship that makes people think they will sink. Sure, it would get people cruising on it but not as much as a modern day cruise ship with a clean slate.

Anyway, when people think of the name Titanic, they think of a sinking ship. It would be bad business to make a ship that makes people think they will sink. Sure, it would get people cruising on it but not as much as a modern day cruise ship with a clean slate.

What about as a thrill? If you actually acted everything out and hit a fake iceberg, then irony was put into play and everyone thought they were gonna die, so mass crime started in the middle of the ocean, then they realized it was fine and they went to jail. Would it be illegal to make some think they were going to die that way?

I would rather see a new Olympic sailing.

Oh god, the first one was tempting god. This is just wiggling your junk around infront of him going "na na-na na naaaa".

I love it how old Cruise ships look.

Have you seen the Oasis and Allure of the seas?
It's twice as big.

i told you star destroyers were real bro

theyre in the ocean