Author Topic: Weapons  (Read 4035 times)

Very few decent weapons. And even fewer fit in Blockland's style.

They often fall within one or more categories.

Slightly Inaccurate Machine Guns
Offenders: Anything Pi has made, Ingram Mac10
Why do we even have these? These often do 10 or so damage, being extremely underpowered compared to the much (unrealistically) overpowered pistols.

Iron-sights
Offenders: 9A-91, MP40, Bushmaster ACR
A subdivision of the slightly inaccurate machine guns, these do the exact same thing except have a 'ultimately awesome' iron-sight secondary function that really shouldn't be called a 'function' as much as a 'feature'.

Re-loaders
Offenders: Tactical Weapon set
These weapons are often 'slightly innacurate machine guns' that reload after 30 shots or so. This adds little to the balance since the reloads are so short. Also, in the Tactical Weapon set, the shotgun never reloads. Hmmph. Often these aren't single-shot weapons that reload.

Slightly different, recolored swords
Offenders: RPG Weapon Set
We don't need a "Bronze Sword" over a "Badspotitium Sword" if they do the same thing with a different color and a little more damage? It's not like they degrade over time. Perhaps they will have longer melee range over the other? Nope. These weapons are extremely consistent with each other, ruining the point of having different weapons.

Head-shot Guns
These are super generic "cul snippers" that shoot at the speed of light, with decent, unless you hit your targets head. Seems balanced, but a blockhead's head is huge. And it's easier just to go right up to them to guarantee you hit them in the head. Is that really a sniper rifle's job?

Shotguns
Offenders: Gshotgun, Ephialtes Shotgun (a bit),
These are simply weapons that shoot out multiple pellets. But with the pellets having such great individual damage, and little damage fall-off, these are great short-range weapons. Unlike the real life counterpart, which reasonable people are used to, mid-range combat is useless, and these are terrible at small targets. Gravity cat's Spas-12, in his weapon set, has pellets that fall down and hit the ground after a certain range, works just like you'd expect it to. As long as you aren't a COD Addict.

Instant-Kill Snipers
Offenders: Kaje's Sniper Rifle
When you shoot someone, they are killed automatically. But these have long reloads after each shot. Seems good to use this at a long distance, right? Errrt! Wrong. With the projectile speed limit, you are better off sticking this gun right up your opponent's arse and blasting them into space.
omg i sound like space guy

I'll be sure to ban those weapons from my server.

Uh...

I don't know what to say here.

I'll be sure to ban those weapons from my server.
They aren't all bad, but don't distinguish themselves from the rest of the guns.

They aren't all bad, but don't distinguish themselves from the rest of the guns.

Counter does make good points

We added reloading to all guns. Stay updated.

It's all down to personal preference, I, for one, like having things to toy around with.

It's all down to personal preference, I, for one, like having more weapons then the default ones

I'm laughing harder then I should have at this topic

Slightly Inaccurate Machine Guns
Offenders: Anything Pi has made, Ingram Mac10
Why do we even have these? These often do 10 or so damage, being extremely underpowered compared to the much (unrealistically) overpowered pistols.
So, you want every SMG doing decent damage while spitting lots of dakka? That's not balanced. The pistols are mostly semi-auto, don't offer any kind of spread and are just a tad about SMG's mostly. I can see that's not realistic as they should naturally have around the same damage, but in my opinion, both kinds of weapons match each other. SMG spits inaccurate dakka while the pistols fire accurate bolts of death.

Iron-sights
Offenders: 9A-91, MP40, Bushmaster ACR
A subdivision of the slightly inaccurate machine guns, these do the exact same thing except have a 'ultimately awesome' iron-sight secondary function that really shouldn't be called a 'function' as much as a 'feature'.
The three guns listed make the weapon a tad more accurate in the iron-sight mode. I don't see what's wrong with calling it a function, it's not normally ingame and involves some extra work to do it.

Re-loaders
Offenders: Tactical Weapon set
These weapons are often 'slightly innacurate machine guns' that reload after 30 shots or so. This adds little to the balance since the reloads are so short. Also, in the Tactical Weapon set, the shotgun never reloads. Hmmph. Often these aren't single-shot weapons that reload.
I don't mind reloading weapons but I can see your problem with the particular weapon set.

Slightly different, recolored swords
Offenders: RPG Weapon Set
We don't need a "Bronze Sword" over a "Badspotitium Sword" if they do the same thing with a different color and a little more damage? It's not like they degrade over time. Perhaps they will have longer melee range over the other? Nope. These weapons are extremely consistent with each other, ruining the point of having different weapons.
The problem is that the pack you mentioned actually is different from as what you think it is. You won't kill much with a copper dagger but the halacite dagger does pretty hefty sums of damage. It's not really meant to be completely new and different, just a set of weapons for a RPG. You don't see 300 different models for 300 different blades in other full-blown RPGs, mostly they're the same model with a changed texture.

Head-shot Guns
These are super generic "cul snippers" that shoot at the speed of light, with decent, unless you hit your targets head. Seems balanced, but a blockhead's head is huge. And it's easier just to go right up to them to guarantee you hit them in the head. Is that really a sniper rifle's job?
Nearly no packs do this really right, except for T+T (somewhat).

Shotguns
Offenders: Gshotgun, Ephialtes Shotgun (a bit),
These are simply weapons that shoot out multiple pellets. But with the pellets having such great individual damage, and little damage fall-off, these are great short-range weapons. Unlike the real life counterpart, which reasonable people are used to, mid-range combat is useless, and these are terrible at small targets. Gravity cat's Spas-12, in his weapon set, has pellets that fall down and hit the ground after a certain range, works just like you'd expect it to. As long as you aren't a COD Addict.
Well, I don't think most people of this virtual lego game made for kids had a shotgun in their hand. Including me, actually, because my country does not allow me to shoot them. There are more than enough reasons to disprove the "As long as you aren't a COD Addict."-part.

Instant-Kill Snipers
Offenders: Kaje's Sniper Rifle
When you shoot someone, they are killed automatically. But these have long reloads after each shot. Seems good to use this at a long distance, right? Errrt! Wrong. With the projectile speed limit, you are better off sticking this gun right up your opponent's arse and blasting them into space.
Agreed. So bloody damn much agreed.

Sorry for the long post, felt like it.

I loving love Kaje's Sniper for using at any distance. People just get butthurt from being Sniped because they stand still. Fools.

I loving love Kaje's Sniper for using at any distance. People just get butthurt from being Sniped because they stand still. Fools.
Most people don't seem to do that.
Also, kudos for this being a drama about something other than a person!