Poll

Would Sylvanor make a good admin?

Yes
34 (69.4%)
No
15 (30.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Wink's City RPG  (Read 37288 times)

Don't lag next time...that's a handicapped reason. Why would he return your money because you lagged?
"Don't lag"
You're as dumb as Jasa. ON THAT NOTE:

The change is apparently 1/250 to get EXP from mining. So assuming a mean time of five seconds per ore, and five seconds to move between each ore brick, you will gain one EXP average per ~22 minutes of straight mining.
You need 10 EXP to get any job other than Laborer. That's about 3.8 hours average time before you have any choice to do anything other than work as a Laborer.
Almost four hours before you get any choice at all as to what you want to do. Usually longer. If you don't see something wrong with that, you are literally handicapped. Funnily enough, Jasa seems to believe it's A-OK!

A note of just terrible scripting: The idle kicker only pays attention to chat messages. So, say, movement, placing bricks, mining, interacting with ATMs or terminals, none of that counts, despite that all of it can be checked very easily.

The build seems nice enough. It's a pity, because it's utterly ruined by the godawful piece of stuff you've dumped on it for gameplay.

Oh looks like I missed something in the job list (hey it's not hard given that it's all two colors and ridiculous to read due to being non-tabular) - basic criminal and policeman jobs are also available at 0 exp. That explains the literally constant stream of crime
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 04:27:54 PM by M »

I'll be able to join in about an hour. :D
I'm at my cabin and nau wifi

- snip -
Please take note that the server has only just gotten out of beta, we are still tweaking things like what you said to make gameplay more fun and enjoyable.

not losing cash on death is a good idea, maybe only if you're wanted..

loving what M said.
fix that pile of stuff you put on top of this...

Please take note that the server has only just gotten out of beta, we are still tweaking things like what you said to make gameplay more fun and enjoyable.
"here's a piece of stuff i put on a paper plate, but don't judge it because it's in beta"

"here's a piece of stuff i put on a paper plate, but don't judge it because it's in beta"
The mod it's self is pretty good, there are only a couple adjustments the need to be made

The mod it's self is pretty good, there are only a couple adjustments the need to be made
Like how self defense is a crime, even if the bullets hit you and the criminal has multiple stars? Also, it sucks how if you get in a car and start shooting, you can pretty much get away with it because batons cant hit you, and cops cant blow you up without being wanted even if all 4 of you in the car have six stars.. And Pickpockets can rob everyone blind and not get more than 150 demerits, as in never get 1 star.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 05:41:21 PM by tber123 »

They're on a spree.

Just permaban them, they're worthless to the server.

Such as:
Reducing tick time
Reducing demerits being scaled imporoperly (EG murder and pickpocketing relation)
Making XP gathering faster
Fixing education
Banning exploiting admins
Fixing batons
Fixing retaliation upon pickpocketing being punishable
Fixing ridiculously unscaled prices ($30 by average and then a car costs at least $1500?)
Fixing handicaps killing you then hiding in unaccessable places WHICH THE ADMINS ARE OK WITH
Fixing cops jailing eachother due to accidental hits while chasing a suspect
Fixing amount of demerits for a murder (1 murder on a person without anything valuable on them -> 60 minutes in jail)
Fix jail being good (best mining place, sellpoint, or and ATM all within 3 feet of eachother)
Fix getting stuck in pits and being unable to get out due to you being wanted
Fix lack of any official food stores - if the only one we have now goesout of business we all die
Fixing people jumping infront of laborers to get them demerits
Fix people being able to flee from cops forever by swimming away
Fix criminals being such a low level, easily-obtainable job
Fix escaping jail by simply rejoining
Fix the handicapped range of the limited baton
Fix that computer in the police office that's been broken since forever

D:< i lose money almost every time i go on this server

there is a forgetin car and its not being sed properly
you cant protcet your self from murders
there is to much lag
guns cant be sold for $0.02
to meny trolls

this is why i dislike servers like these you cant do stuff
no one plays properly

IS THIS A RPG OR A TDM

Wink, I won't be on until next Sunday as I am going on vacation for the week. I just wanted to inform you so you don't think I'm ditching the server. Good luck this week. Hope everything works out!

The more I read this forum the more I relize how many flaws there are in this mod, I mean I know it's new and all but can't you at least get opinions from a small group of people to see if it's ready to be played publicly on a server? To tell you the truth I am liking Iban's cityrpg mod alot better than Jasa's right now. :/  

Ikoyian and Darkeh Keep going on killing sprees inside their car, meaning blow it up and get arrested or let them rampage and be immune to batons inside a car... It really ruins the RPG

I have some suggestions, im a Cop on the server Btw

1) Make it so Pickpockets can be jailed, i have Seen people walk up to me, steal $5 and i click on them 5 seconds later and it says that they are not wanted...WTF? i SAW them steal it from me, so make it so pickpocketing is a more serious Crime worthy of jailing, also assult should be jailing too.

2)Make vehical spawns admin only and that you have to Buy a car. that might reduce the slaugterfest car rampages

3) People Troll, by any means, TRY to prevent that PLEASE

4)Have some kind of Info announcer over the teams chat (Ex. Cops get the crime list every tick or two)

More will probly pop up later, but consiter these for the moment