Author Topic: Steam Megathread - Sales for all  (Read 98582 times)

We all understand what it's about.

Point being that I'm not the only one, and if you don't know a site you are reluctant to give them your credit card information. I'm not disputing the trustworthiness of that particular site - I get it is trustworthy. It is about knowledge. We need the power.

Which version are you running?  Beta?

I'm also using a skin, though, so that may be affecting the appearance of the splash screen.

pretty sure it's just a reskin of the loading/updating thing that comes up when you start steam without the progress bar

I'm also using a skin, though, so that may be affecting the appearance of the splash screen.
Steam Beta Update?  Will check this out (while disabling my own skin).
Ok so this beta update does not give a splash screen or make it look cool like that, it IS just the skin you're using... I got painfully reminded of how bad default Steam looks.

Also tried Big Picture mode for the first time today.  It's so great.  I don't even have a controller so it's a bit clunky to use but it's so great.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 01:45:41 PM by Nickelob Ultra »

console must be just big picture version of steam

console must be just big picture version of steam
Similar yes but not exactly.

They're going to be using a Steam OS based on Linux.

Oh, that was at the VGAs too. LOL I laughed hard when the chick said "Gary" instead of Gabe
Gabe Newell
Garry Newman

Ga New

G N

They can be easily confused, obviously!! :cookieMonster:

I'm also using a skin
and what skin does that happen to be

and what skin does that happen to be
Yeah, I would like to know too. Steam's default GUI is horrible.

Wait, is it Metro?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 08:51:44 AM by Bahamut »

Yeah, I would like to know too. Steam's default GUI is horrible.
it is metro

and it's fantastic

yay

Whenever I start Steam the past two days, I get spammed with a 10-20 "Please exit any running game or tools before attempting to verify your game cache." windows.  When I check my library, "Day of Defeat: Source" and "Half-Life 2: Deathmatch" say "Download starting..." Trying to verify them brings the message. I'm not sure what to do. I've looked it up, and although this problem seems to have been around for years, there isn't a definite solution. What I find seems to only relate to the problem also forcing games not to work, which isn't true in my case. It says to validate right on starting, but that is exactly the problem. One page said to delete all my .ncf files from Steamapps, but... is that really a solution?

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 04:05:54 PM by MegaScientifical »

well after a quick test with the demo I deemed Sonic Generations "adequately runnable" on my craptop and bought it plus the DLC for less than $8 in the Big Picture sale; two hours, five worlds, and about 10 missions later I'd definitely recommend it (but time is running out, queue the marrow-chilling underwater breath timer)