I hate being the spy on TF2 and here's why.

Author Topic: I hate being the spy on TF2 and here's why.  (Read 3695 times)

read the rest

Revolvers aren't very accurate, it could take more shots.

they need to make a cloak that works like the cloak and dagger but it makes flames on you invisible/you dont have sound/blood doesnt come out when you're hit

they need to make a cloak that works like the cloak and dagger but it makes flames on you invisible/you dont have sound/blood doesnt come out when you're hit
That would be incredibly overpowered.

Huh. I don't have this problem when I play. But even if I do get lit on fire I use the Deadringer and escape easily. Unless the Pyro is constantly shooting flames at me.

Don't play TF2
bam problem solved

Don't rely on your disguise only use it to move around across long distances if you are near the enemy you should be invisible unless you know you can pick off someone in a quiet location.

Disguise uncloak stab cloak disguise
This is how you should kill people to start with until you understand some other tactics

Watch a tutorial on youtube

Edit: The spy exploits bad teamwork only use spy if the other team is not talking to each other. (Unless you're really good at it)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:53:56 PM by Soukuw »

The only way to fool a dug in engineer with a disguise is to disguise as an engineer. Even then, I attack anyone  coming too close as an engineer. When a spy is sapping a sentry, an engineer will always hit it with his wrench, and spies usually get caught in the middle. I usually play as sniper though, so I don't regularly do spy checks.

Become friends with the engineer.
Let them know your the blu spy.
pretend to mess around with them,
then forget up their stuff.
Only works if the engineer is a moron though.

Spy is the only class i'm effective at. You need to stay away from classes you know can spy check easy, unless its an easy kill. Its a class of wits and skill.

Spy is the only class i'm effective at. You need to stay away from classes you know can spy check easy, unless its an easy kill. Its a class of wits and skill.
i.e. stop disguising in plain sight

if i may ask
what maps are you playing on

But seriously, only use disguise if you're right near the enemy spawn and you start to move along with them. Try to fake reload.
If someone finds you, shoot like hell and cloak away.

Fake reload? :U
Also, my tactic is to sneak up with the deadringer by walking backwards as if I saw enemies nearby and retreated.
It's effective for a while until everyone catches on.

The only way to fool a dug in engineer with a disguise is to disguise as an engineer. Even then, I attack anyone  coming too close as an engineer. When a spy is sapping a sentry, an engineer will always hit it with his wrench, and spies usually get caught in the middle. I usually play as sniper though, so I don't regularly do spy checks.

I usually do that "backstab engineer, quickly sap sentries and get out of there" tactic.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 12:17:53 AM by steve5451 »

Spy is a very fun class imo. The whole "Spycheck" thing where everyone checks everyone makes Dead Ringer a very useful watch. Some people fall for it, some have no idea where you went. also, sometimes, to get behind a dumb team's lines, backtrack like you're getting health / ammo. Especially useful when your disguise has little health. Only works on pretty dumb teams though. :/

Also, Dead Ringer and Stock Watch are the best watches out there, at least for my playstyle. I can use the CnD, just not as effectively.

It's the loving internet.

Nobody gives a damn about logistics

My friend killed six people and won us the game as a spy. He cloaked passed us, killed all the defenders on a point, and then started capturing it. Spies are incredibly powerful when used right.