Author Topic: What does it take to get a game on steam?  (Read 2742 times)

Offer Gaben food.
LOTS of food.

i might sound selfish, but honestly i don't think i'd like blockland being on steam. i prefer a small community. even know, it seems blockland is being filled with dumbasses. i cant imagine what the game would be like if it became popular with hundreds of servers and thousands of players online constantly
however, all of my support goes to badspot becoming a more successful and well known developer
welp looks like my opinion was already written out before I got here.
thank you kind sir

I wonder what it would be like to be able to say you played before it was on steam
would that be like, the new equivalent of having a <100 ID
Garnyjang has a better ring than Hartmanjang.
Hartmann Co.

I wonder what it would be like to be able to say you played before it was on steam
would that be like, the new equivalent of having a <100 ID
i doubt blockland would still used the ID system, but it'd be cool if it did

haha if they still had the id system and we were getting a decent number of people a day any id under 20000 would probably be valued as a veteran.. >.>

am i the only one who thinks it'd be a terrible thing if the blockland community were to grow rapidly?
just think of all the stupid people that are here now.
if the community were to grow rapidly, you'd see 643 new request topics in the addons section, useless topics in the general discussion section, and even more idiots like zealot and glass.

am i the only one who thinks it'd be a terrible thing if the blockland community were to grow rapidly?
just think of all the stupid people that are here now.
if the community were to grow rapidly, you'd see 643 new request topics in the addons section, useless topics in the general discussion section, and even more idiots like zealot and glass.
The most important thing about Blockland isnt the Blockland forums.

Revelations 2012 is only there cause it uses source engine which is loving stupid. Plenty of good games have been rejected by steam but they let that stuff in because its source

How about you stop pulling stuff out of your ass? Just because something submitted uses the Source engine does not mean it has a 100% chance of getting in. Way to just make things up off the top of your head. Orion: Dino Beatdown was an extremely horrible game full of bugs, even using CS:S death & bullet impact sounds and that got accepted without using the Source engine.

you'd also see a significantly better modding community, a lot more server choices, and chances to meet a lot of cool people

If this happened, a 30K ID would be worth like $100

what does badspot think about getting his game on steam?

why am I asking you not him?

The most important thing about Blockland isnt the Blockland forums.
where else is badspot getting MONEY

i might sound selfish, but honestly i don't think i'd like blockland being on steam. i prefer a small community. even now, it seems blockland is being filled with dumbasses. i cant imagine what the game would be like if it became popular with hundreds of servers and thousands of players online constantly

however, all of my support goes to badspot becoming a more successful and well known developer
The game itself would probably be more fun.
The forums would be less inviting and I'd probably become much less active.

it would be cool. but idk if blockland is actually secure enough to handle that many people. minecraft is targeted every day by hack groups, trolls, scammers and such. majority of you flip out over abuse that is 1/100 of what occurs in other popular games.