Author Topic: Modding: Its limitations, what is abusable, and why I hate the launcher  (Read 9442 times)

i was just theorizing on this. what if multiple people targeted one server together, using infinite loops running every 1ms, you could theoretically have more than one message a ms... that's pretty damn fast.

i mean, maybe not crash fast, but DEFINITELY lag fast
1 person can lag a server to stand still where you can't do jack stuff.

1 person can lag a server to stand still where you can't do jack stuff.
think what 3 or 4 could do.

again, probably not enough messages to cause a crash, but still... you would have a veritable DoS on your hands.

more than one person and I think it becomes a DDoS style attack.

think what 3 or 4 could do.

again, probably not enough messages to cause a crash, but still...
It would be enough to crash it easily if they can do it at a rate I did. I pretty much took down Jorgurs dogfight, Vigilance's CityRPG, Police Man's server, and a lot of other stuff servers. I don't care if I get banned for making servers unplayable, at least I will get out of this stuff forums filled with old losers playing a lego game.

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 02:44:02 AM by Badspot »

It would be enough to crash it easily if they can do it at a rate I did. I pretty much took down Jorgurs dogfight, Vigilance's CityRPG, Police Man's server, and a lot of other stuff servers. I don't care if I get banned for making servers unplayable, at least I will get out of this stuff forums filled with old losers playing a lego game.
committing forum Self Delete.

a sad way to go.

make function that loops teamchat and each loop launches 2 more instances of itself?

committing forum Self Delete.

a sad way to go.

could get his key revoked

make function that loops teamchat and each loop launches 2 more instances of itself?

could get his key revoked
don't care, never even play this stupid game

I agree with all of this

What you think I can't lag with it? Go look at one of "About's" drama topics or if you were at one of those bad enough servers to lag from a few hundred commands a second.

I think if calling this command:
function serverCmdGive(%cl,%amt,%a,%b,%c,%d,%e,%f)
(Object check -> Syntax check -> Loop thorugh own inventory (32) { compare item to given item -> check if you have enough of it to give} -> Check if the player is close enough, or if there's one in front of you -> Recompile both players' inventories & message both players)
1000 times at once isn't enough to even remotely lag the server,
then this:
(Minigame check -> blank message check -> loop through minigame players {send a tagged string with a message in it})
should barely prove an issue.

You're the stupid one. You've been proven wrong on every point then you forum Self Delete.

Maybe if you weren't in loving tryhard mode 24/7 you could have fun.

Wow, you're a moron

why are you on the forums then noob. too weak to even play that game. what a tard.

why are you on the forums then noob. too weak to even play that game. what a tard.
He's just mad because I call him out on being the forums most stupid user.

That was predictable.

OT: Even though I don't know much about modding, I support this. If I, the average player, get more stuff to play with as a result of this, then please let it happen.

:(
I just hope it isn't permanent.

He's just mad because I call him out on being the forums most stupid user.
Don't warrant his leaving post.

:(
I just hope it isn't permanent.
Why, he said he didn't want to be here