Would you donate?

Yes
6 (14.3%)
No
30 (71.4%)
Still deciding.
6 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Operation:Infiltration (IT'S DEAD, HOW NICE)  (Read 49730 times)

The problem would be that the guards would have a horrid advantage over the attackers. The guards already have the "base" so that means they would have time to set up a defensive position. As attackers, you don't have the ability to find a well defendable position, nor would it be useful.

The proposed solution I have would be to do a timed deal.
That's why the attackers would have to rely on stealth and cooperation, it would require actual effort and thought rather than simply charging and winging it. It'd be a sort of strategic game

That's why the attackers would have to rely on stealth and cooperation, it would require actual effort and thought rather than simply charging and winging it. It'd be a sort of strategic game
Someone who get's the point of this :D

Lamebro, read the PM
I got an instant boner, thanks dude.

It would never happen. And it doesn't actually matter. Even with the best of positions, they are basically outnumbered 3 to 1. There is also the chance that they happen to enter the complex next to a guard, totally ruining any chance at all. And even if they manage to get, they will probably only be able to enter as a team 1 or 2 at a time. This means that even just a small group of defenders could manage them all.

Gravity cat's silenced weapons of his unreleased weapons pack work exactly like that but you can also take an example at his futuristic SMG Silent Reaper as it has very similar traits.

You could take a look at them so it becomes easier for you to visualize what I mean.
I know what you mean. It isn't very hard to really do your idea either, just quiet down the sound and replace the projectile. That and do Khains idea to make it 2D.

I got an instant boner, thanks dude.

Not sure about the weapons, if someone else wants to make them that's fine, I can always make extra weapons if needed. But it'd be nice to see someone like Ghille make them  :cookieMonster:

It would never happen. And it doesn't actually matter. Even with the best of positions, they are basically outnumbered 3 to 1. There is also the chance that they happen to enter the complex next to a guard, totally ruining any chance at all. And even if they manage to get, they will probably only be able to enter as a team 1 or 2 at a time. This means that even just a small group of defenders could manage them all.
eh, I disagree. The point isn't to be noticed by the guards so they can gang up on you and immediately win. The point is to be stealthy and catch them by surprise. Yes the defenders have three times as many lives, but the attackers would have the advantage of silenced weapons, secret passages, and if that's not enough than I'm sure the game would be adapted to balance it out. I just really like the idea of using strategy in a tdm rather than pure ability to dodge bullets and accuracy, which is what most tdm's end up being

Not sure about the weapons, if someone else wants to make them that's fine, I can always make extra weapons if needed. But it'd be nice to see someone like Ghille make them  :cookieMonster:
I would but I have lot's of things I need to do. Just the suggestion is a fairly simple edit.

I would but I have lot's of things I need to do. Just the suggestion is a fairly simple edit.

Yes, we could edit them, but I was thinking if Lamebro wanted new models.

Updated.

I'll make sure my host knows my server will be getting active soon, so he can add more Add-on space ;P

Defenders shouldn't get 3 lives.
Attackers could like breach a certain point , kill the guard and the guard would just come back and kill them all.
Defenders should only get a single life and dead players should be mute.

I know what you mean. It isn't very hard to really do your idea either, just quiet down the sound and replace the projectile. That and do Khains idea to make it 2D.
Keep in mind that the sound should just have a smaller radius than normal guns. Just making the sound more quiet won't have the same effect.

eh, I disagree. The point isn't to be noticed by the guards so they can gang up on you and immediately win.
You don't understand what I am saying.

Among the ways that a person can enter the building, there are bound to be places that would be a disadvantageous position if a firefight were to break out. People are bound to enter these ways. There is no way to accurately predict where a guard is going to be, and there is a chance that a guard may be standing at, or walking by, on of these entrances. This means that in every round, it is pretty much guaranteed that at least 1 Attacker, no matter how good he is, will accidentally happen upon a guard who will surely kill him because crouching players take 2x damage and will not have cover.

This basically means that even if the lives are at 1 to 1, the attackers will have a disadvantage.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:21:41 AM by Doomonkey »

it's not going to work very well because after three rounds the guards will know where all the entrance points are, so they'll just set up a guard at each of them. Could possibly work, but i don't know.

Yes, we could edit them, but I was thinking if Lamebro wanted new models.
I know you want new guns I was just saying I'm gonna update the weapons now with his idea.

In Game Name: Mysteroo
RTB (Yes/no): yes
ID: 18923
Recommendations (Preferably atleast 2): Jman552 would recommend me, and probably zap100 (although he doesn't play much anymore)
Why should I accept you: I'm a descent builder and a pretty good eventer. This sounds like a great project and I'd love to help. Although I'm not always online so my help might be a little limited.

ah, I see what you mean now. But while that would be a problem, it could probably be addressed to some extent. The number of lives could be adjusted, weapons, we could also always give the attackers disguise kits or invisibility watches too. If the attackers have a disadvantage, there's probably going to be some way to balance it out again.

Also I gtg do something, I'll be back in a little bit.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:27:24 AM by Mysteroo »