Would you donate?

Yes
6 (14.3%)
No
30 (71.4%)
Still deciding.
6 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Operation:Infiltration (IT'S DEAD, HOW NICE)  (Read 49066 times)

Operation:Infiltration
Server is down, please be patient as Lub get's his lazy ass off and finishes his service.
Trailer
Trailer 2
Gameplay Teaser

What the forget is Operation:Infliltration
Operation:Infiltration is a new project founded by me which is different then your average BL TDM, it is entirely focused on stealth and teamwork.

Ok cool so what do you do?
There are 2 teams, Attackers (Agents) and Defenders (Guards).
The attackers must successfully infiltrate the defenders base in unique ways (Go through vents, Rappel from the Top of the building, break in through weak spot's of the defender's base, dig tunnels into the main halls and more)

Ok cool so what weapons do you have?
Attackers: UMP 45 (SILENCED), Pistol (SILENCED) and Butterfly Knife
Defenders: AK47 (UNSILENCED) and Desert Eagle (UNSILENCED)

Gamemodes
I plan on adding gamemodes as we go on but for now I have 2 gamemodes.

Generator: The attackers must destroy the generator however the generator is heavily guarded. The Defenders win if they protect the generator until the round ends or until they kill all the attackers.

Capture the Intel: The attackers have to capture the intel in the defender's base and return it to their base.
Attackers win if they capture it succesfully.
Defenders win if they kill all the Attackers OR Defend the Intel.

Defuse the Warhead: The Defenders have armed a huge nuke in a small tribal city, it's up to the infiltrators to stop them and defuse the warhead before time runs out.
This gamemode will play on the map "Sandstorm"

FAQ (Ask questions on the thread and I will answer here)
Q:Is this an RP?
A:Hell no.

Q:Do you have unlimited lives?
A:All players have 1 life.

Q:But the guards are way to over powered waaaaa.
A:WRONG, Attackers have weaker weapons but silent techniques and unique ways HOWEVER Defenders have stronger weapons and stable ground but they lack the ability of surprise and stealth.

Q:Is this based on a timed game or life?
A:Both

Sounds good, can I help?
forget YES YOU HAVE TO HELP.
But for now this is an idea, if enough people like this idea then it will turn into a project
forget that

Gallery
Images removed, all are outdated.

Ok bitch how can I help?
Just fill out this form below!:
In Game Name:
RTB (Yes/no):
ID:
Recommendations (Preferably atleast 2):
Why should I accept you:
APPS ARE CLOSED, NO MORE APPS ACCEPTED.

BETA TESTING
Beta testing is FINITO
We will update this section if we want a team to test certain things.

THE TEAM
Lamebro1-Building, eventing and Project Director
Mysteroo- Building
Cookiez664- Dedicated Hosting, Building (Pacnet's Hosting)
Blockbuilder- Building
Gravity Cat- Weapons, Building
Sky Troll- Helping around, Admin

NEW NEWS
Topic created
Get's turned into project
Building apps
This lovey man offers Dedicated Hosting
This lovey woman offers to make weapons.
Mysteroo joins the building team.
Anybody makes a UMP 45 model (SEE WEAPON REQUEST THREAD)
Blockbuilder joins the building team.
Mango sets up his dedicated server (Cookiez664)
Gravity Cat joins
Due to internet connection I will not be able to build/event anything. this state will last until August 14th however the rest of the team can still build and start on the progress.
We now have a slot in Blockocon (built by me)
Dominator joins
I have decided that the main gates will be locked so people will not go guns blazing.
Rules Room Complete
The map we are going to use for this is Destruct.
Gravity Cat makes the weapons.
Skyhawk and Joffery join.
More progress!
Building apps Closed.
Build Started.
"Both" wins.
Joffery, Dominator and WALK2222 were all kicked for different reasons, please message me if you want to know why.
BETA STARTS.
BETA IS CLOSED.
LIVE RELEASE.
"Sandstorm" map started.

Help us get O:I back up by donating!

Here's what you get if you donate:
5$ ~ Lots of love
10$ ~ additional features on the server AND early access to Block VS Bot
15$ (or more) ~ Early access to my future projects, early access to Block VS Bot and even more additional features.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 12:22:36 PM by Lamebro1 »

2 People say no but still no comment :l

it sounds good, but its very hard to get a team to get togeather and organise themselves at times.

i always had a cool breach idea for a server

Silenced weapons as you can see in most weapon packs do not really work correctly sadly.
They should have firing sounds with a smaller radius than normal weapons and no visible ( or at least barely visible) projectiles. Finally they shouldn't have a muzzle flash of sort (maybe just smoke coming out of the barrel)

If you just give silenced weapons  a quiet sound it's entirely pointless and rather unrealistic seeing how suppressors barely make the weapon quieter. The position would be given away by the projectiles mostly or the muzzle flash.

teamwork

What on Earth does that mean? I've never heard of it on Blockland before!

Seriously though it does sound quite fun but there would be guards just camping and firing at all the possible ways the attackers can come through.

Silenced weapons as you can see in most weapon packs do not really work correctly sadly.
They should have firing sounds with a smaller radius than normal weapons and no visible ( or at least barely visible) projectiles. Finally they shouldn't have a muzzle flash of sort (maybe just smoke coming out of the barrel)

If you just give silenced weapons  a quiet sound it's entirely pointless and rather unrealistic seeing how suppressors barely make the weapon quieter. The position would be given away by the projectiles mostly or the muzzle flash.
I could possibly edit Tactical Weapons now with these ideas. The pack already has a smoke muzzle flash so that's good. 

Weapons would be easy, just the Building part, you need people that have a good idea of what a Military Compound would be like.

Make the Supressor sound 2D, there would be no way of telling where it's coming from.

Seriously though it does sound quite fun but there would be guards just camping and firing at all the possible ways the attackers can come through.
Actually in the build I plan to have a forgetTON of different ways to get in and achieve the objective, not just like 2 vents.

Actually in the build I plan to have a forgetTON of different ways to get in and achieve the objective, not just like 2 vents.
under ground tunnels, Sewers, Man Holes, Tree's, sniper towers, Vehicles, Air Propel (from Built planes // parachuting).

:D

Now this is something I would like! Sounds like a great idea. When and if this ever gets done though- maybe you should add a store similar to pecon7's? That way there would be a motivation to play rather than just for fun.

I could possibly edit Tactical Weapons now with these ideas. The pack already has a smoke muzzle flash so that's good. 
Gravity cat's silenced weapons of his unreleased weapons pack work exactly like that but you can also take an example at his futuristic SMG Silent Reaper as it has very similar traits.

You could take a look at them so it becomes easier for you to visualize what I mean.

The problem would be that the guards would have a horrid advantage over the attackers. The guards already have the "base" so that means they would have time to set up a defensive position. As attackers, you don't have the ability to find a well defendable position, nor would it be useful.

The proposed solution would be to do a timed deal.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:03:22 AM by Doomonkey »