Would you donate?

Yes
6 (14.3%)
No
30 (71.4%)
Still deciding.
6 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Operation:Infiltration (IT'S DEAD, HOW NICE)  (Read 49725 times)

You could buff the Attackers up a bit by giving them a weak sniper rifle which could draw the attention of the guards towards the sniper and give the infiltration team a little better chance to get in.
If that always works however is a different question.

it's not going to work very well because after three rounds the guards will know where all the entrance points are, so they'll just set up a guard at each of them. Could possibly work, but i don't know.
then it is up the the attackers to either take out the guard, cause a distraction, or find another way.

problem: guard dies, then respawns and knows where the attackers are.
instead of guards having 3 lives, the team ratio should just be 1:3 attackers to guards. (4 attackers, 12 guards)

then it is up the the attackers to either take out the guard, cause a distraction, or find another way.

instead of guards having 3 lives, the team ratio should just be 1:3 attackers to guards. (4 attackers, 12 guards)
That sounds like a good solution

ah, I see what you mean now. But while that would be a problem, it could probably be addressed to some extent. The number of lives could be adjusted, weapons, we could also always give the attackers disguise kits or invisibility watches too. If the attackers have a disadvantage, there's probably going to be some way to balance it out again.

Also I gtg do something, I'll be back in a little bit.
There is also 1 more reason why lives are inferior to time. You join the game and then wait ten minutes for that idiot still at the spawn to die or get kicked. Or you have to wait for the guy who is actually playing, but will take forever to win or lose.

Some advantages of a timed game:

You wouldn't have to deal with idiots not doing anything.

Cooperation and emphasis on stealth could be greatly enhanced. Imagine if each room had some sort of laser security system where if you walked through a laser, you would be detected and it would tell all of the guards. Normally this system would be easy to avoid if you were cunning and skilled, but a shoot-em-up type of player would walk right through it and waste his time. This system could also be used for cooperation though. Lets say you have the majority of attackers enter the room and trip the system on purpose. Being that they are a huge group, thy could hold of the guards for quite a while. While all of the guards are drawn, three or so skilled players could run around the compound and finish the mission.

Lives are really tricky. If all teams have 1 life, then it is just too quick and the victory goes to those with the quickest trigger fingers. No stealth would happen, the attackers would simply try and wipe out the guards. This would inevitably result in a weakening of the attacker weapons until it would be impossible for an attacker who was trying to be stealthy to ever get past a guard. If you give too many lives, it can take a long time. You also end up with people who are unlucky being removed from the game and then quitting because they hate waiting.

If you have time, no one will care about trying to kill the other team for wiping them out, because it is impossible. You could also just make the respawn time larger in order to discourage wasting a life.

Also with a timed game, you end up with a lot more of a havoc type game. Guards are running everywhere trying to keep up with all of the unskilled players, while more skilled players can sneak past these worried guards. It creates a lot more of a mental feeling of infiltration.

Over all, lives will end up maximizing the abilities of skilled players, encourage sneakiness, and encourage teamwork. It will also prevent the problems of afkers and those who wish to win by killing everyone.

UNRELATED to my argument for time: Another important thing to do would be to get rid of kill messages in the chat.

Defenders shouldn't get 3 lives.
Attackers could like breach a certain point , kill the guard and the guard would just come back and kill them all.
Defenders should only get a single life and dead players should be mute.
Keep in mind that the sound should just have a smaller radius than normal guns. Just making the sound more quiet won't have the same effect.

I get what you are saying, now all players have 1 life and dead are mute.

You don't understand what I am saying.

Among the ways that a person can enter the building, there are bound to be places that would be a disadvantageous position if a firefight were to break out. People are bound to enter these ways. There is no way to accurately predict where a guard is going to be, and there is a chance that a guard may be standing at, or walking by, on of these entrances. This means that in every round, it is pretty much guaranteed that at least 1 Attacker, no matter how good he is, will accidentally happen upon a guard who will surely kill him because crouching players take 2x damage and will not have cover.

This basically means that even if the lives at 1 to 1, the attackers will have a disadvantage.
Look at the FAQ, besides if an attacker stumbles upon a Defender the attacker always has the right to shoot him in the face before the guard finds out he's there.

Also it is a timed game AND a life based game.

so uh..
In Game Name: Mysteroo
RTB (Yes/no): yes
ID: 18923
Recommendations (Preferably atleast 2): Jman552 would recommend me, and probably zap100 (although he doesn't play much anymore)
Why should I accept you: I'm a descent builder and a pretty good eventer. This sounds like a great project and I'd love to help. Although I'm not always online so my help might be a little limited.
nudge nudge

Look at the FAQ, besides if an attacker stumbles upon a Defender the attacker always has the right to shoot him in the face before the guard finds out he's there.
But if the guard sees him first he is toast. You can't just hope that no one will be caught while entering.

But if the guard sees him first he is toast. You can't just hope that no one will be caught while entering.
STEALTH
That is what happens in real life anyway.

Hmmm yes a timer sounds like a good idea but I would mix it with lives so it doesn't become a deathmatch in any case.

However it depends how long the time should be. If you make the time too short the attackers will have to rush in and try to quickly fulfill the objective. If you set the time too long the attackers could still go and try to kill all the guards and fulfill the objective then while most of guards are trying to respawn.

The time would depend on multiple factors like the size of the build. After a bit of testing however you will eventually find the fitting time.

STEALTH
That is what happens in real life anyway.
It doesn't matter. I can be the most skilled player in the world, but if I happen to be entering through a 2x height vent and a guard sees me, I am dead no matter what. I can be super stealthy but that does not prevent random occurrences that can only put me at a disadvantage.

Was wondering, if someone has played on a map before and they're a guard wouldn't they know all the best hidden away passages were and just camp there? Or if it's an entire guard team who knew the spots, wouldn't it be extremely difficult to get in without being caught?

Also, what's stopping the attacking team from not being stealthy, if there's nothing, most likely 90% of the people will go in guns blazing, ruining the entire point of the stealth tdm.

Was wondering, if someone has played on a map before and they're a guard wouldn't they know all the best hidden away passages were and just camp there? Or if it's an entire guard team who knew the spots, wouldn't it be extremely difficult to get in without being caught?

Also, what's stopping the attacking team from not being stealthy, if there's nothing, most likely 90% of the people will go in guns blazing, ruining the entire point of the stealth tdm.
maybe have the passages cycle.. Like, every round it's something different.
Explain how it works in the spawn or whatsoever, if they fail to cooperate, ban. :V

If I was a defender I'd just want to rush the enemy base and kill them before they can even get over to the defending side.