2012/07/24 - Environmental Controls Preview

Author Topic: 2012/07/24 - Environmental Controls Preview  (Read 227483 times)

Rlcbm best member of 2011 - 2012

Wow, I'm surprised some people still haven't seen this.

ICTON had better do a coolio demonstration of this update like they did with the physics update >:(

I'm sure they can think of something!

Nearly all of the models in the model topic are designed with Blockland in mind.
It's in off topic, thought.

Do builds save with the current environment settings now?

Also I think it would be nice to be able to select a color from your colorset for changing the color of things in the environment like the ground.

Will any custom .blb bricks emit the correct shadows?

Will any custom .blb bricks emit the correct shadows?

The only way he could possibly make shadows of other .blb bricks not display correctly if they're custom would be if he hand coded each brick to do specific shadows, which is not only inefficient but a much heavier game load. Point being, you can assume almost any .blb should work correctly.

I just noticed this, and it looks amazing!

so if you line up windows, they won't just act as one big clear wall? the panes around the windows will cast a shadow?

so if you line up windows, they won't just act as one big clear wall? the panes around the windows will cast a shadow?
I'm sure they will.

I... I don't know what to say, it looks amazing!
This makes blockland so much better, I love you for doing this, I can see so many possibilities!

this looks good and everything...
but I just want fixed bricks with vehicle collision.

What about a new Tutorial? If it is made out of bricks and is more than 150 bricks, how will people in demo be able to play it? Will brickcount in demo increased?

this looks good and everything...
but I just want fixed bricks with vehicle collision.
One step at a time.

What about a new Tutorial? If it is made out of bricks and is more than 150 bricks, how will people in demo be able to play it? Will brickcount in demo increased?
I'm sure they could easily work a way around it for the demo.

All interiors will be removed except for Tutorial. :cookieMonster:

I know this sounds a bit crazy but could Tutorial be made as one big blb file, then water bricks and stuff added to it?