Author Topic: 2012/07/24 - Environmental Controls Preview  (Read 227425 times)

Hopefully when the update comes out, we'll have presets that match the old slate maps, and the settings shown in the video.
Well, it's not as though the update will reach into your folders and destroy all the map add-ons. You'll be able to go into them and figure out what settings you need to reproduce them perfectly (+ shadows or whatever).

Hopefully when the update comes out, we'll have presets that match the old slate maps, and the settings shown in the video.

Without a doubt the presets in the video are default. And it seems most of them already match the existing default slate maps.

Wanna play on Skylands? Too bad, we're going too... SLATE SUNSET!!!

Wanna play on Skylands? Too bad, we're going too... SLATE SUNSET!!!

You know it has a Skylands option right?

You know it has a Skylands option right?
You didn't understand my post, did you?

You didn't understand my post, did you?

neither he nor CCR did apparently

I didn't get it either.

The gist of it is that masterLD was being sarcastic but ccr, wink and maybe you interpreted him seriously

I didn't get it either.
It won't be called "skylands" is what I think his point is. You'll have to manually adjust it to whatever settings skylands has.

No you won't. In the "Simple" tab there are "Sky" options. Some of them are existing maps that will be removed when we get the environmental controls. When Badspot selects them, the skybox changes along with the sun's position, the ambient lighting, the direct light etc.

You will not need to look in the existing map files and try to match them with the new controls. The maps we have now will be default preset settings.

Well, it's not as though the update will reach into your folders and destroy all the map add-ons. You'll be able to go into them and figure out what settings you need to reproduce them perfectly (+ shadows or whatever).
I've no idea how maps work, but how could you see the terrain's texture without loading it in the game?

I've no idea how maps work, but how could you see the terrain's texture without loading it in the game?
you.. wouldn't..
because you do load it in the game
you get the textures
and
when it
changes
what are you asking

It won't be called "skylands" is what I think his point is. You'll have to manually adjust it to whatever settings skylands has.
it won't be called slate sunset either