Author Topic: Phydeoux's spinning spike trap, halfed. (i'll explain.) and more.  (Read 791 times)

Okay, so you see this saw trap here?

Well what i want is this, have half of it be able to be stuck into the ground before becoming stuck. that way, we could have saw traps coming out of walls and the ground.

However, it'd be a little awkward to have that just sticking out, so a new model may be used.

also there should be a saw trap that knocks back and forth between a certain length. kind of like the blades on koth_sawmill in tf2.

If anybody makes this, i love you :3

Make a hole in the wall/floor and put that in?

Make a hole in the wall/floor and put that in?
that can work. but i still want the one that knocks back and forth :3

that can work. but i still want the one that knocks back and forth :3
Impossible you cannot move the collision mesh

Damn. :/ i guess that's everything then.

However a model for the in-wall one would still be great.

Make out of bricks
Imagine one of those blade things like in Bomberman Hero 64. Use 1x3x5s that damage or kill on touch, and make it relay, dissapearing and appearing certain blocks, blah blah blah self explanatory.

It could be possible to have a brick that's a set size (like 1x10x3 or something) and have a sawblade move back and forth in that and have some sort of input event like onSawbladeHitPlayer.

It could be possible to have a brick that's a set size (like 1x10x3 or something) and have a sawblade move back and forth in that and have some sort of input event like onSawbladeHitPlayer.
You cannot trigger that event
You cannot collide with models

You cannot trigger that event
You cannot collide with models
Never said anything about colliding with models.

Never said anything about colliding with models.
Then how do you notice when hes touching the sawblade.

Then how do you notice when hes touching the sawblade.
Triggers, perhaps?

Position/distance comparing?

It's really not that hard.

Zone bricks> place in the half of brick> wrench it and check collision, raycasting and rendering>Thanks Hotspot.

Triggers, perhaps?

Position/distance comparing?

It's really not that hard.
Well you're right

Zone bricks> place in the half of brick> wrench it and check collision, raycasting and rendering>Thanks Hotspot.
No.