Gabe Newell calls Windows 8 a "Catastrophe".

Author Topic: Gabe Newell calls Windows 8 a "Catastrophe".  (Read 7130 times)

If you bash apple and have never owned there products then please stfu.

this because:

Both Apple and Microsoft need to realize that just because an interface works well with tablets doesn't mean it will work well with desktop computers.

doesn't make sense at all.

Apple is making tablets and phones, but they know switching their Macs to a tablet interface is a stupid idea.

Yes, there's Launchpad in Lion, but does it make it a tablet? No. They're doing to to organize your apps. What if you don't like it? There's simple ways to remove it and go back to using the Application Stack.

Microsoft needs to shape up for Windows 9 and make Windows 8 a "Tablet" edition. Similar what they did with Windows XP Media Center, they gave those users Windows Media Center. Make Metro for the tablets and a Desktop interface for the Desktops.

Hell, I wonder what the server looks like?

Seriously, stop forcing all the customers', wether it's the average home user or enterprise, that the tablet interface is good for all of us.

It's a stupid move, hopefully Microsoft realizes this with Windows 9 and they end up doing a Tablet/Desktop (not a hybrid, separate) edition.

Probably because of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhw5nSfjDHo
That didn't actually happen, it was a blue screen originally.

I hope you know that.

If you bash apple and have never owned there products then please stfu.
So uh I decided to re-enter the arguement. This is quote  from a person fighting the PC-Mac wars on Starcraft forums.
Updates are free on Mac, changes are not. You don't need to pay for the bug fix releases between the major ones, lol. poor choice of words
10.7.0= major release, $29
10.7.1-10.7.5, etc software updates, free
10.8.0, major release, $29

Those 'major releases' are equivalent to Windows Service Packs, which are free.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 08:22:35 PM by Harm94 »

I have never seen any changes in windows service packs apart from bug fixes. Also windows 7 is 130 dollars from what I remember, mac os x is 30.

I have never seen any changes in windows service packs apart from bug fixes. Also windows 7 is 130 dollars from what I remember, mac os x is 30.
However, you already overpaid for the Mac itself

My mom's 2007 mac lasted longer then my 2010 PC.

THANK YOU!!! Why do people ignore this???

Granted, it isn't exactly brilliant, but is it really a catastrophe? I mean, Chernobyl, that was a catastrophe. And people died from that. :u

Regardless, it is ehh. From what I've seen, I don't like it too much. I'm just glad to not be involved as a user in it. Windows 8, that is. Not Chernobyl. Although I'm glad not to be involved in that, too.

Thats what you get for buying something made out of cheap parts.

this because:

doesn't make sense at all.

Apple is making tablets and phones, but they know switching their Macs to a tablet interface is a stupid idea.

Yes, there's Launchpad in Lion, but does it make it a tablet? No. They're doing to to organize your apps. What if you don't like it? There's simple ways to remove it and go back to using the Application Stack.

Microsoft needs to shape up for Windows 9 and make Windows 8 a "Tablet" edition. Similar what they did with Windows XP Media Center, they gave those users Windows Media Center. Make Metro for the tablets and a Desktop interface for the Desktops.

Hell, I wonder what the server looks like?

Seriously, stop forcing all the customers', wether it's the average home user or enterprise, that the tablet interface is good for all of us.

It's a stupid move, hopefully Microsoft realizes this with Windows 9 and they end up doing a Tablet/Desktop (not a hybrid, separate) edition.

Actually you are able to switch between the classic and tablet style.

However tablet should be opt-in, not opt-out.

ITT: People complain about Metro because they are too stupid to know what it is actually for and have never used it. Also, people need two and two to be put together for them, so it won't be until Microsoft releases a tablet that they will actually understand.

ITT: People complain about Metro because they are too stupid to know what it is actually for and have never used it. Also, people need two and two to be put together for them, so it won't be until Microsoft releases a tablet that they will actually understand.

Actually it's because Windows is taking a OSX direction. Windows 8 won't be as much for gaming as Windows 7 or Windows XP. Which is also why GabeN is upset. Windows 8 is meant to be a show-off. A failure one too.

If you look at their marketing for Lion and Mountain Lion, they plainly state that they want to take features from their mobile devices. That's not necessarily a bad thing. You're right, they haven't gone too far yet, but that doesn't mean a few version later Mac OS will be based around launchpad controlled by a bunch of stupid mouse gestures.