Author Topic: >> GameMode Reference <<  (Read 72707 times)

Is it possible to make a vote gamemode command/mod?
like the same they use for the tf2 servers where you can nominate for a new game, and if it gets enough votes, It'll change to said gamemode, since you now can load game modes with a build, this should be possible

Look at this hansome forget

I'm curious, should we refer these as 'v21' or 'packed' gamemodes and normal gamemodes like trenchwars and zombies 'old school' or 'traditional' gamemodes?

Look at this hansome forget

I'm curious, should we refer these as 'v21' or 'packed' gamemodes and normal gamemodes like trenchwars and zombies 'old school' or 'traditional' gamemodes?
The problem with that would be that there isn't really a way for an add-on to force Blockland to reload it regardless of the new gamemode. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that the auto-rejoining is still broken.

my god this is cool
So cool your doing standing back-flips...
must be interesting then...

So cool your doing standing back-flips...
must be interesting then...

that's.. uh

okay

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that the auto-rejoining is still broken.

It has been broken literally forever.

I took the data from the custom gamemode and modified it. i didnt touch the save.bls or the colorset.txt .
When i try to start it, it keeps comming up with a new standart add-on i should add to gamemode.txt, but i dont want them.
Can i disable this?
Game Mode Error: "Required add-on "Weapon_bow" should be added to gamemode.txt"
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 06:46:03 AM by Chriso »

I took the data from the custom gamemode and modified it. i didnt touch the save.bls or the colorset.txt .
When i try to start it, it keeps comming up with a new standart add-on i should add to gamemode.txt, but i dont want them.
Can i disable this?
Game Mode Error: "Required add-on "Weapon_bow" should be added to gamemode.txt"
It may be a required add on by another add on that you have enabled, if not you can just do this in your server.cs: arrowTrailEmitter.uiName = ""; arrowStickExplosionEmitter.ui Name = ""; arrowExplosionEmitter.uiName = ""; arrowProjectile.uiName = ""; BowItem.uiName = ""; then nobody will be able to spawn anything pertaining to the bow or arrow* and it will be like it doesn't exist.

*Except through server sided code and the host through the console.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 07:04:24 AM by jes00 »

• Preview Image

All gamemodes require a preview image.

All preview images must be jpeg.

preview.jpg should be 256x256

thumb.jpg should be 64x64

Try to capture the feeling of your mode in the preview.

Is there a way to make the preview image the loading image? (loading screen background) So it is more than the blank default?

Nope.

Besides, you don't want to stretch a 256x256 JPEG file to 1920x1080.

Nope.

Besides, you don't want to stretch a 256x256 JPEG file to 1920x1080.
You start with a 1920x1080 and shrink it for the others.

When i try to launch it in blockland, it says that Description.Txt is missing, but i have it in the file, am i doing something wrong?

When i try to launch it in blockland, it says that Description.Txt is missing, but i have it in the file, am i doing something wrong?
I think description.txt is case sensitive.

Please post your gamemode.

I think description.txt is case sensitive.
It's not.

Do I put the environment files in the server.cs or the gamemode.txt? I'm confused.

Do I put the environment files in the server.cs or the gamemode.txt? I'm confused.
gamemode.txt, sever.cs is for any scripts the gamemode uses.