Author Topic: >> GameMode Reference <<  (Read 72711 times)

Hey,

Before I saw this topic I looked in some of the gamemode's files, and when I was looking at all the add-ons that were to be executed, there were these random indents between them. Is this crucial in order for the gamemode to work?

Update on the event glitch:

My events only glitch on Internet Servers.

Also:
It's my final conclusion that it's a Blockland Bug. Because I copied a working wire's events to a broken one, and it worked. Also, when I set the bricks to be mine, or anything other than Public, spawns stop working.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 10:30:39 PM by Jeep »

Can GUI's be included as part of gamemodes? If so, how?

Can GUI's be included as part of gamemodes? If so, how?
Add a client.cs that executes your GUI.

This gamemode system could use some work. There needs to be a way for people to change the enabled add-ons in each gamemode, like the Custom one.

psst

sun.sendUpdate();
Here's the problem: it doesn't update sun elevation after doing that.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 03:14:37 PM by Kalphiter »

Hey,

Before I saw this topic I looked in some of the gamemode's files, and when I was looking at all the add-ons that were to be executed, there were these random indents between them. Is this crucial in order for the gamemode to work?
seriously guys i need to know :(

seriously guys i need to know :(
Indentation is usually just a style preference, so I don't think it plays any crucial role.

Indentation is usually just a style preference, so I don't think it plays any crucial role.
Ok, thank you.

Right now there isn't a minigame variable for it, though one might be added in the future.

You have to do some scripting and call the function %player.setShapeNameDistance( 0 );

If you don't know how to do this then you'll have to wait.

I know you're trying to help but please don't spread misinformation.
The lowest possible distance is like 5, so one can't completely hide shape names.

The lowest possible distance is like 5, so one can't completely hide shape names.
That's what I was saying, yes

Is there a client-sided function to see what gamemode the server is currently running?

Is there a function that saves the bricks of the gamemode and then loads them with proper ownership when the gamemode is run again?

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:45:02 PM by Cubelands »

If you don't need any save, can you just make a blank save.bls?

If you don't need any save, can you just make a blank save.bls?

Yes. There is one in the Custom gamemode that you can copy.