Author Topic: 2012/08/09 - Shader Update Released  (Read 166526 times)

I have a few issues, but here's my basic system information and the mods I'm running:

CPU: i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
GPU: nVidia GTX 560 ti
RAM: 8GB at 1666MHz

I'm running the latest version of RTB

Here's some issues I've encountered so far with my menu and other things:

!-When I open the server browser, the menu buttons such as Join Game, Player, Options, basically everything except for the tiny footer at the bottom that greets me with my name, disappears completely. If I close my server browser, I need to restart Blockland to join a server.

-When I open my options or server browser window, certain buttons have graphical artifacts such as random black slashes through them. This was fixed after I restarted Blockland, but I didn't change anything prior to restarting.

-The shadows off of thin bricks very high in the air extend farther than they would normally. This is probably the most obvious on the default slides build.

Other than that, the new shaders for Blockland look amazing and I'm definitely going to buy another Blockland key to support further development of the game.

i was hosting a 22 player server with badspot and rotondo and countless other people but it crashed and now a much more limited number can join

They TOTALLY should have waited till it was near flawless.

IF YOU ARE USING INTEL INTEGRATED GRAPHICS AND SHADERS ARE CAUSING YOU TO CRASH BEFORE THE MAIN MENU, DO THIS.
Open your blockland folder in Documents. Go to Blockland\config\client and open prefs.cs with notepad. Find the line that says $Pref::ShaderQuality = "4"; and change 4 (or whatever value it is) to 0 and save.
I doubt it's the shaders causing the crash, though. They were set to 0 (off) by default for me.

Maybe it ran flawlessly on all their test systems?

It is flawless. It's just that if you have a laptop or Intel card you're forgeted.

my god

At a loss for words; for once the comunity was almost right about a release

!-When I open the server browser, the menu buttons such as Join Game, Player, Options, basically everything except for the tiny footer at the bottom that greets me with my name, disappears completely. If I close my server browser, I need to restart Blockland to join a server.

uninstall rtb

Getting error message whenever i join a server "Bad Datablock from server" thx badspot, made my day- uhh, i mean night

I don't know if anyone else asked this question, but I turn my shadows and shaders on best quality and press apply, I restarted even and I don't see any changes.

Addendum: I had Wedge try this and he got the same issue. After I removed RTB the problem stopped occurring. I think RTB breaks the menu if you close your server browser after opening it.

I can't change map settings, even on Custom w/o RTB.

Addendum: I had Wedge try this and he got the same issue. After I removed RTB the problem stopped occurring. I think RTB breaks the menu if you close your server browser after opening it.
The error is caused by modifications to the game that affect the server browser.
RTB, server favorites, host name separator... etc.

Were any updates related to vehicles relesed?

Can someone tell me how to launch Blockland Windowed at 800x600?
By launch commands.