Author Topic: 2012/08/10 - Bugs  (Read 146224 times)

I cant get rid of the blockland file because it is open in blockland? im trying to reinstall

r1691 works fine for me, But are you adressing where people with integrated graphics cannot view shaders, because this looks like v20 to me, and i enabled the shaders.

r1691 addresses the crash on canvas cursor issue.  Post your results.
Im probably being really stupid right now, but what does Badspit mean by this?

Edit: Badspot*, screw you iPad!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 04:28:28 PM by The Subject »

lol badspit typo

r1691 works fine for me, But are you adressing where people with integrated graphics cannot view shaders, because this looks like v20 to me, and i enabled the shaders.

No, it was a fix for the people crashing on start-up. I have no idea what the problem is with not being able to see shaders.

When the update was first released some people were crashing on start-up. This has been fixed.

Oh so I just have to start BL up. Thnx!

Blockland crashes when i attempt to turn on shaders. even minmal
optionsDlg::setShaderQuality reloading shaders...
Checking for shader shadow support:
   - Enabled via $Shader::Enabled? YES
   - ARB_shader_objects present? NO
   - ARB_shading_language_100 present? NO
   - GLSL Language Version? NULL
   - EXT_texture_array present? NO
   - EXT_texture3D present? YES
   - EXT_framebuffer_object present? NO
   - ARB_shadow? YES
   - ARB_texture_rg? NO
   o Shaders are INACTIVE
Skipping shader shadow initialization.

"Addressed Crash on startup after "Activating Package: CanvasCursor" - Appears to be related to intel hardware, I have successfully duplicated the issue"

This was my issue.
I can run blockland fine now.

Yeah, um...my blockland has stopped working entirely. This doesn't seem to be happening to anyone else though. It literally says, "Blockland.exe has stopped working" before Blockland.exe even gets to the menu screen. I can't play it anymore. Not ranting. I'm doing exactly what I was ordered. Addressing any known bugs. This is the only one I've ever had since I bought Blockland in 2005. I'm pretty sure this problem can be fixed easily, but I'm just not smart enough to figure. I'm no programmer.

Yeah, um...my blockland has stopped working entirely. This doesn't seem to be happening to anyone else though. It literally says, "Blockland.exe has stopped working" before Blockland.exe even gets to the menu screen. I can't play it anymore. Not ranting. I'm doing exactly what I was ordered. Addressing any known bugs. This is the only one I've ever had since I bought Blockland in 2005. I'm pretty sure this problem can be fixed easily, but I'm just not smart enough to figure. I'm no programmer.

I get this sometimes, does it do this every time?

The #283 shader compilation warning is gone, but shadows are still not appearing.

How does one enable shaders

Oddly enough this runs fine for me besides:
>Getting the uninstallLights spam, which was probably reported already
>Getting unusual amounts of lags when looking at immense amounts of ramps (MotE mansion)

Though addressed, I'd like to specify some things related to the "Lightmanager" issue,
The color of the floor is the brightest when I have the hammer out, it then switches to a slightly less bright tone at the wrench, and becomes normal at the printer.  However, when elevated a significant amount, while using the printer the floor changes to slightly brighter tone.  It also seems to constantly change when I reach different heights while changing my horizontal position.  

I'm also confused about an aspect of the simple v. advanced tab for the environment.  Once you switch the tab, the settings automatically switch over to which ever you have set.  However, if I choose the snow environment in simple, and switch to advanced, it still produces snow particles.  Am I simply missing a variable or is this a real issue?

Last concern, simply because it appears to be a mess in the topic and I don't know whether to address it or not.  Shaders do not work at any level of intensity.  And, if it helps, I originally had the problem that related to

Console posted relates to first issue.

EDIT: console was 19K kb, I assume it had to do with the spam.  Made a duplicate and removed almost all of the error reports which were simply duplicates.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 04:53:11 PM by Lalam24 »