Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!

Poll

HOW'S THE INFERNO?

IT'S FIRE
79 (69.3%)
IT'S A DUMPSTER FIRE
35 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!  (Read 2414681 times)

oh i played with and against b4nny for a few games, fun times even tho i sucked

there are so many things wrong with this image its unbearable
well that's very likely just a new engie who doesn't realize that putting a sentry right next to another might not be the best idea. i mean it's not all that obvious at first. probably thinking "hey this guy put a sentry here so it must be a good place" which hey he'd be right that is a good place on that map but maybe not for two lol
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 05:00:50 AM by gr8dayseth »

current tf2 sucks
the army one was better
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 06:14:05 AM by GreenBH³ »

got me a new lad today
strange coat as well

Played a match recently where almost the entire RED Team abandoned the game and it was hilarious. Blu kept pushing for the intel and nothing was going anywhere.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 03:05:37 AM by cblock360 »

howd you get those custom explosion effects to work?

toon explosion fx
toon rocket trails

the second one isn't required but it looks hella nice

EDIT: there's also toon righteous bison and toon muzzle flash if you're into that sorta thing

i have no idea if they work on sv_pure 2 (valve) servers or not but if you play community servers you should be fine
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 06:52:34 AM by The Murderous Cop »

I regret getting rid of all my items like a idiot

but not really because i play other games now

tbh i feel like the scorch shot needs some kind of nerf. there's barely any aim requirement and the afterburn is like 10 seconds with a 4 health drainage. idk if you can consider it op but it's definitely very annoying to deal with

tbh i feel like the scorch shot needs some kind of nerf.
I disagree
there's barely any aim requirement
requires better aim than a rocket or sticky as it has a smaller radius and unlike the former an arc
the afterburn is like 10 seconds with a 4 health drainage
It does 6 per second for 10 seconds + the 20 for the initial hit which is 80 total, or if you get a minicrit for hitting a burning player that's 101 (only enough to kill a kunai spy). For comparison standard flare does 90 or 150 to burning players (enough to kill any light class). And unlike the detonator the scorch shot can't be manually detonated making it less effective at flare jumping as well as needing to actually hit someone to do crowd control.

requires better aim than a rocket or sticky
smaller radius
it seems pretty similar

and unlike the former an arc
ill admit the arc makes it a little more difficult from long range but it's still not that hard to land a burn; and short to mid range is obviously a cake walk

It does 6 per second for 10 seconds + the 20 for the initial hit which is 80 total, or if you get a minicrit for hitting a burning player that's 101 (only enough to kill a kunai spy). For comparison standard flare does 90 or 150 to burning players (enough to kill any light class).
well yea on it's own it doesn't do that much damage when up against an enemy with full health but if you use flamethrower for a second then switch to scorch it works too well as a combo (also for if the enemy is already somewhat damaged).  
Sure flaregun can be more deadly but it's very dodge-able unless you use the degreaser.

I think either lowering the afterburn time or damage would be a fair nerf.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 07:49:59 PM by Defendor »