Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!

Poll

HOW'S THE INFERNO?

IT'S FIRE
79 (69.3%)
IT'S A DUMPSTER FIRE
35 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!  (Read 2427835 times)

I remember when I did TOD and got an australium on my 9th tour... and it was a force of nature. I was so pissed, I was playing soldier so I figured I'd get the one for soldier.

I remember when I did TOD and got an australium on my 9th tour... and it was a force of nature. I was so pissed, I was playing soldier so I figured I'd get the one for soldier.
it could've been worse
you could have gotten an australium flamethrower instead  :cookieMonster:

ah yes... money well spent

damn. if that's actually yours then nice

This guy
scammed me out of my Unusual Square Dance, he used the fake opskins bot to lure me into "listing" my taunt on opskins. When I caught on, it was too late. I noticed he scammed me when he said "Item verification" and had the fake bot send me a trade for the majority of my valuable items.

jesus christ why would you ever do that
It wasn't dead obvious he was trying to scam my unusual.

This guy
scammed me out of my Unusual Square Dance, he used the fake opskins bot to lure me into "listing" my taunt on opskins. When I caught on, it was too late. I noticed he scammed me when he said "Item verification" and had the fake bot send me a trade for the majority of my valuable items.

*le sigh*

>it wasn't dead obvious
the sign of being asked to trade to an 'opskins bot' should have been an immediate red flag

Probably should add more information for understanding.
He random added me, and asked if I was trading, I said yes and offered 9 keys pure for my unusual.
I thought it was going to be a simple trade, but instead he asked if I use opskins, and I have used it before so I was assuming everything would be okay

Basically he started walking me through this bullstuff to see if my taunt was "listable" on the market so he could sell it later. For proof he told me to make the listing at 1,000 so nobody would buy it. I clicked on input into inventory, and I got a trade offer from an opskins "bot". I knew that if I changed my mind I would withdraw from the inventory, so I accepted it.

Before he could walk me through some other useless garbage I noticed the taunt wasn't in the inventory of the site, it was in the bot's inventory. I tried calling him out, but he tried to play innocent, then I got another trade asking for all my valuable items for nothing, I told him about it and that's when it struck me because all he replied with was, "oh yeah it's for 'item verification'".

Looking back, I could say, "oh yeah there's where I could've caught a red flag." but from my standpoint at the time, I really couldn't.

13 year olds shouldnt have access to steam