Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!

Poll

HOW'S THE INFERNO?

IT'S FIRE
79 (69.3%)
IT'S A DUMPSTER FIRE
35 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!  (Read 2348746 times)

I was going to but I decided to wait until next year when I had more experience.

doesn't this mean that Hawf is getting lodsemone
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 09:38:00 PM by Choi »

Random classes because reasons
These aren't my usual wep loadouts because things were done to be had on a server and i forgot to take things off

does painting a hat make its value go down?

no in some cases it makes it go up
but if you think you're not going to hold onto the hat you shouldn't bother, most people won't pay extra

only paint a hat that you'll keep.

unless that paint is team spirit, lime, pink, white or black. Those are the only valuable paints that people care about

ok

and gold

operation get Badger a Flapjack

I want some fall stuff but I got too much school to do. :(

I want some fall stuff but I got too much school to do. :(

just wait for halloween crates :))

what is the general process of earning profit in this game other than playing it every once in a while and getting like five cents in random junk?

before you read the rest of this post consider these two things:
- i am extremely unexperienced in unusual trading, don't know my way around or about it at all
- i do not care about how long the goal takes me, only want to know what's the most efficient way of going about it

my previous goal for ideal sniper hat (and it was really my only official goal for tf2 at the time) was to get an Anger with Orbiting Planets (237.01 ref, 39.14 keys, 2.2 buds, $73.47, AS SAID BY BACKPACK.TF (i've heard it's unreliable))

now i'm seeing there's an Anger with Aces High which i've immediately fallen in love with, but it has no price. a friend calculated that, based on the ratio between other hats and what other people are offering for it, that the AwAH is somewhere around 4.2 - 4.3 buds. that's a lot.

i was an idler for a short amount of time before my family got pissed at me sucking up bandwidth (long story on that), but it's obviously a disrespected method and valve is making it as inconvenient as possible (which i entirely understand) so it isn't worth it. what i'm asking for is what websites to hang around, what to watch out for in the trade business to take advantage of and what to work at to ultimately reach my final goal.

The most efficient way is to rip people off

Don't

what i'm reading from around is that there's

- scrapbanking (1 scrap -> two wep -> 2 scrap) okay hell no
- craft hat trades (buy a group of em for 1 ref each, sell individually at 1.33 ref) no thanks
- common currency exchange rates (one websites sell keys for 5.66 minimum ref let's say, another buys them for 6.11 maximum ref, profit) this sounds a lot less complicated so i'm okay with it, still isn't incredibly fast
- sell it off higher (give something you're selling a a slightly higher price than usual, bump it down to what you're looking for to trick people into thinking they've nailed a deal) yeah this sounds more like a general rule to tf2 so i'll do it

what a few good traders have found themselves in are places where the price of an item varies wildly between two places, one person says he bought a bunch of an item in stock at 11 ref and sold it elsewhere for a set of earbuds, a 20+ ref profit at the time. any of you guys run into something like that ever?

what i'm reading from around is that there's

all methods are slow and monotonous. riches won't come quick considering that keys are no longer 2.66 refined. It's incredibly difficult to find someone to profit off of unless they genuinely want to do a bad trade because they simply don't care. Just like someone wanting a hat really bad and are willing to pay a reclaimed more, or someone that has no attachment to a crate and will part with it at any price, allowing one person to profit and the other to enjoy their playing experience.

so is there any way to lower the prices of keys