Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!

Poll

HOW'S THE INFERNO?

IT'S FIRE
79 (69.3%)
IT'S A DUMPSTER FIRE
35 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!  (Read 2348820 times)

how is it that some people are so adept using the grenade launcher? it requires so much prediction and understanding of the pipe physics. not to mention the high self damage it gives you if the enemies get too close (good luck with those scouts and pyros). it only does 100 damage per direct hit, so soldiers with the conch/black box will need 3 direct hits to defeat; its extremely slow reload time won't help you there, neither will the fact that you must hit 3 of your 4 shots

besides spy weapons, the grenade launcher seems like the hardest weapon in the game
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 01:40:24 AM by Defendor »

prediction and practice, too bad the iron bomber is better in almost every situation except for dealing with very specific sentry nest spots

the real punch of demoman actually comes from the sticky launcher.  it's even more difficult to use, considering it's a mine layer and therefore requires you to be adept at leading targets where you want them to go, but the amount of damage it does when used correctly is absolutely jawdropping.  plus you can detonate stickies mid-flight, so you get a decent amount of damage options (especially with the quickie.  it gets stuff on a lot from what i see and honestly, i feel it's better than people give it credit for)

what the nade launcher also has over, say, solly's rocket launchers is that all of demo's nade launchers shoot fast, and the pipes are a lot harder to see in a firefight than a big rocket with lots of particles coming out of it.  the firespeed is afaik a little faster than most of solly's rocket launchers (save the air strike and beggar's) so if you understand pipe physics, you can deal that 300 damage a lot faster than you think.

Here's one example that you can have a nicer set by spending a few pennies on the Steam Market, some of these cosmetics costs a lot more if you buy it in the store, I have more examples, I'll show them when I get home.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 08:38:30 AM by Filipe »

how much did that cost in total
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 11:56:14 AM by Biqus »

i used to main demo (still play him alot)
first of all use the iron bomber, its easier to use. if you still can't aim, use the loch n load. deals more damage and has faster projectile speed, perfect for aiming practice. don't use the loose cannon if you can't aim, it takes alot of practice.
it's also important to remember that your grenade launcher will deal 100 damage every shot (enable damage numbers). it will 2 shot light classes and soldier and 3 shot a heavy. if they're overhealed (look for particles), add an extra shot (two for overhealed heavies). this is important
you could also practice using a different class entirely; any class that can use a projectile is good (esp the huntsman, its stupid easy to use). most of the time the arc doesn't matter because it's quite an accurate weapon but you can use the arc if you want to chuck grenades at a sentry from behind a wall (idk what map to use as an example but theres a couple times where this comes in handy)
also try equipping a shield (chargin targe works best for this, tide turner if you a pusillanimous individual) instead of a sticky launcher so you live long enough to connect the shots if you're bad at dodging

most demos i've seen use it as a crutch
they just walk towards an enemy and diarrhea a load of bombs everywhere so they don't have to worry about aiming bc the splash damage has him covered
honestly if you do this you might as well play pyro lol

how much did that cost in total
Well my currency is different but each item costs me a few pennies or mostly 1 dollar.

>finally complete a difficult contract after a year
>its on 2fort
>am on for a hour and 42 minutes
>my team's still friendly, their team is holed up in intel
I love 2fort as much as the next handicap but holy forget add a timer because I couldn't complete the game

most demos i've seen use it as a crutch
they just walk towards an enemy and diarrhea a load of bombs everywhere so they don't have to worry about aiming bc the splash damage has him covered
honestly if you do this you might as well play pyro lol
you have to detonate the bombs for them to be effective.  the pipe launcher detonates immediately on collision.  a demo using the sticky launcher as his primary and doing well with it is a good demo to me, just as much as one that can reliably land pipes
pyro is as hated as they are because their flamethrower is instant free damage for looking in a vague direction and holding m1.  not comparable

Sorry I coudn't share it yesterday, here are my sets. (the Medic set is my favorite)

All for a great bargain.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 08:54:37 AM by Filipe »

>finally complete a difficult contract after a year
>its on 2fort
>am on for a hour and 42 minutes
>my team's still friendly, their team is holed up in intel
I love 2fort as much as the next handicap but holy forget add a timer because I couldn't complete the game
i just don't see why they have to force you to complete the game's objective in order to complete the contract. Shouldn't it just be finished after you complete the tasks?

Sorry I coudn't share it yesterday, here are my sets. (the Medic set is my favorite)

All for a great bargain.
i like all those cosmetic loadouts. you got some good taste my dude

you have to detonate the bombs for them to be effective.  the pipe launcher detonates immediately on collision.  a demo using the sticky launcher as his primary and doing well with it is a good demo to me, just as much as one that can reliably land pipes
pyro is as hated as they are because their flamethrower is instant free damage for looking in a vague direction and holding m1.  not comparable
while stickies do require more thought than pyros, i still think the pipes are 10x more difficult to use. the stickies explosion radius is very large, along with great damage. you only have to predict an approximate location for the enemies while the pipe prediction takes a lot more precision. the only weakness with stickies is when the enemy ambushes you and gets really close; in that case the pipes aren't too good either because of the ridiculous self-damage it gives you.

quickie seems like the best stickie since its detonation time is much quicker and is probably the best long range demo projectile (aside from loch n load)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 10:40:42 PM by Defendor »

why did they make the your eternal reward be as useful as a pencil carrot what the forget

why did they make the your eternal reward be as useful as a pencil carrot what the forget
you hold your french tongue asshat I love that knife