Author Topic: 2012/08/18 - Blockland r1707  (Read 25254 times)

It didn't before...?
I'm pretty sure I had to double the step height of a playertype I made a while back because I needed to make it scale to 0.5 upon spawning.
It didn't. I remember being able to walk ontop of 1 height brick still even when I was 0.2

I have a bug, this is a pretty strange scenario so I'll try my best to describe it lol.

I have a large space station up in the sky and it's supported by several 64x cubes.  Every once in a while I will destroy any random brick, with a hammer, and the entire build will be destroyed, as if I broke a floating brick.  But I will still be able to walk on the build, it's just completely invisible.

It's pretty much like I only deleted the build to my client.  When I rejoin the server it's back to normal.

My best guess is I haven't ghosted the supports so it thinks that I am breaking floating bricks, even though I'm not.

It didn't. I remember being able to walk ontop of 1 height brick still even when I was 0.2
Huh...I wonder what the issue with mine was, then.

Lights on items have been around for a long time.
Asdf http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=202031.0
(Note: the original topic name was "Mounting a light to a weapon" or something, but I changed it because it seemed putting it on a weapon was impossible without being really hacky)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 02:02:41 PM by Wheatley »

guys.
anyone noticed this lighting bug?

guys.

Yeah. It looks like you somehow managed to trick the game that you still want to use vertex lighting.

I have a bug, this is a pretty strange scenario so I'll try my best to describe it lol.

I have a large space station up in the sky and it's supported by several 64x cubes.  Every once in a while I will destroy any random brick, with a hammer, and the entire build will be destroyed, as if I broke a floating brick.  But I will still be able to walk on the build, it's just completely invisible.

It's pretty much like I only deleted the build to my client.  When I rejoin the server it's back to normal.

My best guess is I haven't ghosted the supports so it thinks that I am breaking floating bricks, even though I'm not.
That happens if you don't ghost the supporting cubes.
The client (your bl) thinks they are floating because it doesn't know about the support.
You can fix the issue by ghosting the supporting cubes before hammering.

Why didn't my Blockland update from r1701 to r1707?
I don't want to have to re-install Blockland AGAIN.

Badspot

• Administrator
guys.

That is vertex based lighting.  You are in fixed function mode.

Badspot

• Administrator
Why didn't my Blockland update from r1701 to r1707?
I don't want to have to re-install Blockland AGAIN.

Did you make your Blockland folder read only?  Post your launcher.log file.

the no light thingy didn't get fixed still? Okay, any chance of the OpenGL thingy being fixed?

OpenGL thingy being fixed?
Can people PLEASE at least figure out WHAT THEY WANT FIXED before asking to fix it?

I found a RTB bug. The preferences do not load at all. I have multiple maps with lots of JVS doors and in the preferences I could get more doors available, but now I only can have 50 by default. This is really important to me because I have several things that I would like to turn on and off in the preferences, so please fix the no preferences error it is needed for most people... trust me.