2012/08/22 - Blockland r1711

Author Topic: 2012/08/22 - Blockland r1711  (Read 25015 times)

i want to see shadows and shaders but i dont want to buy a new card I LOVE INTEL plz in the next revision FIX THAT PLZ

"I want to fit square pegs in round holes but I don't want to buy the special square pegs that have a removable cylinder inside. I LOVE solid square pegs. Please make square pegs fit immediately!"

Not exactly the best brown townogy since I'm not sure if it can be adjusted, but the point is if the graphics card can't take it you can't mold software to force it to do it. Maybe some Intel graphics cards can, but if yours simply can't, you can't force it via software. Software nests inside hardware, it can't go past the hardware's ability.

I've noticed some odd things with the shadows in this update, which I did not notice in the last. I look at a build and I see some shapes that do not make much sense. I see some open spaces in between shadows. I am in low quality, which I can understand is indeed low quality, but theres something about this. Everything completely changes and repixilates when I zoom, something different from just moving back and forth to see closer.

Here is an example:

This is when it is NOT zoomed in:

This is when it IS zoomed in:

And changing zoom in and out repixilates all the shadows.'

But I'm not sure this is really intentional, but it looks better when I'm zoomed in.

Also, just if you were wondering:

The build being rendered.

I really don't see where that block is comming from.

You can crash servers with VCE. Better crap-on that too!
Bot event never broke anything of mine. Ive never had a server that's been crashed by bot events. Mainly because I can maintain my server correctly.

Why are mods that can used in a bad way, despite being one of the most useful crap-on'd. Its like Blockland is becoming 'Child Safe' or something.

I take optimization over limitation any day.
kid, not everyone can run a server safely. not everyone knows what's wrong with the mod. it puts users at risk. wannabe elite hosts aren't the majority

I'm glad that Baddy removed Bot Events, hated those broken things.  It just puts more pressure on the new team to make the better version, maybe it will be out sooner.

Sweet.  My craptop can now run 800x600 with low shaders at a usable framerate now.

I've noticed some odd things with the shadows in this update, which I did not notice in the last. I look at a build and I see some shapes that do not make much sense. I see some open spaces in between shadows. I am in low quality, which I can understand is indeed low quality, but theres something about this. Everything completely changes and repixilates when I zoom, something different from just moving back and forth to see closer.

Here is an example:

[img]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37758255/Bug/Blockland_00385.jpg[/img]

[img]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37758255/Bug/Blockland_00384.jpg[/img]

But I'm not sure this is really intentional, but it looks better when I'm zoomed in.

[img]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37758255/Bug/Blockland_00386.jpg[/img]

• Shadowing method changed from variance shadow maps to regular cascading shadow maps.  Significant speed improvement at higher shadow map sizes.

I think that's the cascade effect the mentioned.

kid, not everyone can run a server safely. not everyone knows what's wrong with the mod. it puts users at risk. wannabe elite hosts aren't the majority

Okay,

First off: Don't call me a kid. I'm loving 20 years old.
Also: "wannabe elite hosts"? Last I checked, you aren't the best host either. In fact, you don't even host. Kalphiter does your hosting.
I never said I was "an elite hoster" anyway. I just said I know how to maintain a server.

Okay,

Also: "wannabe elite hosts"? Last I checked, you aren't the best host either. In fact, you don't even host. Kalphiter does your hosting.
I never said I was "an elite hoster" anyway. I just said I know how to maintain a server.
please don't hurt me man, but i'm going to be honest, you're just too threatening.

please don't hurt me man, but i'm going to be honest, you're just too threatening.

I will eat a puppy!

Shaders don't work after update:

This is off topic but its a small glitch/problem with Blockland.

Currently if you enable Downloading Music before going to a server, you can download the music and then hear it when you load. However, when you do this with sound even after you finish loading on the server you still cannot hear sound. You need to quit BL and then re-open it and then join back on the server. This should be fixed like how Music works.

This is off topic but its a small glitch/problem with Blockland.

Currently if you enable Downloading Music before going to a server, you can download the music and then hear it when you load. However, when you do this with sound even after you finish loading on the server you still cannot hear sound. You need to quit BL and then re-open it and then join back on the server. This should be fixed like how Music works.
That's not how you use the Advanced music Player, there's a reason why Chrono made specific instructions on how to use it
properly, he just needs to make it idiot proof so people don't crash their own client doing things like this and typing
letters in the synchronization options.

Music still works properly, you where just using an addon the wrong way.

Still no intel support...
Well, I guess I need to wait another week and half.

Here is an example:

-snape-

-snip-

-sniff-

Okay,

lolz don't pee your pants. i do host its called Heedicalking's server but your probly banned. and bot events sucked they've been broken it was to be expected that this would happen