Author Topic: Hosting service - Terminated!  (Read 30903 times)

They did a speed test which showed 3/10 of Kalph's download and 1/20 of his upload. Although, you never know how their setup works. If all my neighbors are using the internet, then my connection speed drops.
Upload was really what I was referring to since packets sent by clients aren't too sizable.

How's it stack up to my server?
http://speedtest.net/wave/d61f19da8544641e

Top one.

Upload was really what I was referring to since packets sent by clients aren't too sizable.

How's it stack up to my server?
http://speedtest.net/wave/d61f19da8544641e

Top one.
You should never forget that you can decide to pay for overprice Linode servers. Poor Ephialtes.

Lmao intense banter.

You should never forget that you can decide to pay for overprice Linode servers. Poor Ephialtes.
Overpriced? I pay $20 a month for that server.

Yeah if you think Linode is overpriced you really know nothing. Linode is cheap lol.

Yeah if you think Linode is overpriced you really know nothing. Linode is cheap lol.
$80 for 2GB of memory and 80GB storage.

Piece of stuff host.

Piece of stuff host.
Haha oh dear, you really know so much.

Linode is cheap lol.

Aha, My VPS has the same specs as their $79.95 one, but costs me £10 a month.

Aha, My VPS has the same specs as their $79.95 one, but costs me £10 a month.
And yours is probably on a stuff network with stuff management features and stuff support. This thread shouldn't be derailed anyway, the topic is fantastic.

Piece of stuff host.
Okay, but you're paying for pure quality. I've tried other hosts than Linode because I used to think it was too expensive. Their virtualization environments are pure stuff, they offer the stufftiest builds of the stufftiest linuxes, their support team knows less about my problems than I do, and their internet line is slow as forget.

And yours is probably on a stuff network with stuff management features and stuff support.

Wrong, wrong and also wrong. I shop around, because I'm smart.

And yours is probably on a stuff network with stuff management features and stuff support.
This is the excuse you make for hosts that overprice every time.

Okay, but you're paying for pure quality. I've tried other hosts than Linode because I used to think it was too expensive. Their virtualization environments are pure stuff, they offer the stufftiest builds of the stufftiest linuxes, their support team knows less about my problems than I do, and their internet line is slow as forget.
I think it's just that you're finding the wrong hosts.

Wrong, wrong and also wrong. I shop around, because I'm smart.
Link me to your IP address and service provider.

EDIT: I'll sink the cash to buy their £10 package and see how it stacks up to Linode.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 04:34:40 PM by TripNick »

I think it's just that you're finding the wrong hosts.
Link me to a better host than Linode for similar/cheaper prices. Justify why it is better too.

Link me to a better host than Linode for similar/cheaper prices. Justify why it is better too.
http://fanaticalvps.com/