Author Topic: The Steam Greenlight Thread - Stop making individual threads  (Read 5102 times)

Zomboid! High five!

“The Steam community rallied around these titles and made them the clear choice for the first set of titles to launch out of Greenlight,” said Anna Sweet of Valve. “Since launch, hundreds of titles have been submitted, with more coming in every day. We expect to be announcing more titles coming to Steam via Greenlight soon.”

The first 10 titles coming to Steam from Greenlight are:

Black Mesa
    Cry of Fear
    Dream
    Heroes & Generals
    Kenshi
    McPixel
    No More Room in Hell
    Project Zomboid
    Routine
    Towns
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 03:53:14 PM by tails »

Awesome. Hopefully Underhell will make it, too.

Awesome, at least one game in my favorites made it so far. (Kenshi)

My current updated list (Removed Greenlit games, added an awesome one):

Bloody Trapland - Very hard traps, as the name suggests.
Organ Trail - Game about traveling to safety across a zombie infested country.
Haunted Investigations - A game about the supernatural with an odd backstory. Yes, the game game is built on low definition models and such, but that helps heir to the eerie creepiness of it.
Kairo - AriaBlarg / Perrin (Creator). Perrin donated an early build of the game to Aria to stream once months ago, and I got to watch that while he helped via chat. Since then, I've talked with him several times, as well as people he knows. :D

In terms of the game, it heirs back to the days of Myst, Zork, etc. The art style could give you nostalgia, but the strange thing is this is a fully rendered environment, whereas back then this would have been panorama stills. Gives you that... awesome feeling.
Blockscape - Although this could be called a Minecraft clone, I do like the creativity you can accomplish - at least in those screenshots. I don't think it'd be too popular, but I think it would be good for Steam. :)
Paranormal - It isn't an amazing game, not a ton of replay value, but if the price is low enough, I support it for Steam sale. Although I don't expect this guy to put it up for free, sadly.
Underhell - A Half-Life 2 modification which is part scary part actiony. Unlike other attempts at games with both, this one seems to keep both relatively separate. You can choose to investigate into a haunted past, or leave to a job for mainly action. This is only the first installment in the series.

It also states the current release of Underhell is outdated, suggesting they are only going to release an updated version over Steam.
The Stanley Parable: HD Remix - From the creator of the original The Stanley Parable, this HD remix not only improves the game graphics-wise but also expands on the prior gameplay, deepening choices and meaning behind it.

blockscape's look sometimes reminds me of the sims, supposedly how the textures and lighting plays out

First all comments on the blockscape's page was about how much it looked like minecraft and that it's a clone. Now all the comments are about how stupid people thinking it's a clone are.

McPixel - a humoristic game in which you have 15 seconds to disable a bomb in various situations.  Watch the Giant Bomb QL

it's 21 seconds, fix it