Author Topic: The Steam Greenlight Thread - Stop making individual threads  (Read 5111 times)

What?

Turns out Steam gets flooded with new games that want in on the fun, but Gaben doesn't have the time to sort through all of them, so Gaben had an idea: I'll have my monkeys users do the work for me!  And so Steam Greenlight is born.  Now, we use the power of Democracy to give Gaben more money.

Why a thread?

We love to mock terrible games and, sometimes, we even like to recommend some good ones.  However, it doesn't make sense to flood the main Steam thread with posts about stuff that isn't even on Steam yet.

Current Highlights

Octodad - a sequel to the very bizarre game where an octupus wants to be a family guy.  Watch the trailer.
Project Giana - a sequel to the ancient Giana Sisters platformer.  Got funded on Kickstarter and their playable demo looks neat
Gnomoria - showed up after the lukewarm reception of Towns and promises to be an accessible Dwarf Fortress
Project Zomboid - isometric Fallout-style survival horror.  Pretty neat.
The Real Texas - some Minecraft graphics crazy Ultima IV meets Zelda mashup.  Goons like it
Kinetic Void - something about spaceships and Kinect(?).  Never heard of it :rolleyes:
Immortal Defense - a great tower defense game, the kind recommended in the same breath as Defense Grid
Battle for Presidency - :stare:
Bleed - a really fast but really ugly Contra-like game; if looks don't bother you and you like shooting things, this is the game for you
Inquisitor - Diablo meets Darklands.  Made in Czech Republic
Towns - a settlement management sim which got alpha funded through Indie Royale.  Tries to be a simpler Dwarf Fortress
DLC Quest - straight from the X360
LA-MULANA - this former Wiiware exclusive game has been trying to get on Steam for a while.  Check it out
Escape Goat - featured in one of the Indie Royales, quite a few people liked it
Oil Blue - in the same exact situation as Escape Goat.  An interesting mix between strategy and arcade simulation
Routine - imagine Amnesia IN SPACE.  Has potential
Gimbal - similar to SPAZ and Starfarer but distinctive enough to shine on its own, plus multiplayer
Fly'n - this looks like a pretty cool platformer with puzzles
Unepic - cool Metroidvania with so-so graphics.  Also featured on Indie Royale
NEO Scavenger - turn-based, isometric survival RPG with no hand holding.  Developed by a former Bioware guy
Steam Marines - squad based roguelike in no way related to 40k Space Marines and Space Hulk, we swear
Silent Storm - a 2004 pseudo-sequel to Jagged Alliance 2, already available on GOG.  'Tis a good game
McPixel - a humoristic game in which you have 15 seconds to disable a bomb in various situations.  Watch the Giant Bomb QL

Drama
  • Seorin detected that submitters have complete control on the comments people post and some are even removing any negative feedback.
  • One of these is NEStalgia, whose author is so stuffty he imploded his own game thread under a bunch of drama.  Do not vote for this project.
  • Gnomoria is being targeted by a massive campaign of Dwarf Fortress fanboys who are downvoting it non-stop.  Its chances of getting on Steam ended up null
Horrors
Everyone who ever wanted to make a game, used RPG Maker, or thinks he's a comedian is smearing their stuff all over Greenlight.  It isn't pretty, but you can count on goons to find the good projects at least.  Also, ever heard of Slenderman?  Unique, original concept exclusive to Greenlight.
credit to Saoshyant of SA for creating this original post that i stole

Edit: Moved to newer post.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 02:19:04 PM by MegaScientifical »

the page opens and i see this

must

not

click

the page opens and i see this

must
not
click

What the forget am I looking at

also about NESTalgia: the author is deleting any critical comments.

you forgot diggle  :cookieMonster:
forget i was gonna say that
hehehh
EHEHHEHEH

Quick let's put Blockland on there

Blockland really does need to try getting on there.

Although it would get downvoted because people are idiots and would immediately label is a minecraft clone.

Blockland really does need to try getting on there.

Although it would get downvoted because people are idiots and would immediately label is a minecraft clone.

blockland community would instantly turn to stuff if a lot more people would start buying it.

blockland community would instantly turn to stuff if a lot more people would start buying it.
But Badspot would get more money, and to be honest I'd rather Badspot makes a good living than this game have a tighter community.

As long as e-tards are kept in check, there would be barely any issue.

I've actually thought about my statement and I take it back:

It would actually be good because if there would really be that many idiots, I'm pretty sure 90% of them would break the rules because "they didn't read lol!!!!" so yeah...