Poll

Which are you?

Public-schooled
81 (74.3%)
Home-schooled
28 (25.7%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Author Topic: Public-schooled or Home-schooled?  (Read 13216 times)

are you really this ignorant lol

everything he said is valid and this is the best you can come up with

nice

Again. Social skills are required for life.

I was home schooled until grade 3. It didn't help a bit when I went to public school.
What was wrong, were you sheltered as ac child? Socially handicapped?
As if you can't just go out and socialize like a normal person. Do you only socialize with people that go to your school? Do you start your conversations about thing school-related?

I do online school, but I still have to go to a building once a week. Does that count as home-school or public-school?

Again. Home schooling does not cause being a social outcast.

we've already said multiple times why this is wrong

I was home schooled until grade 3. It didn't help a bit when I went to public school.
Vice-versa for me, and I'm in better condition than when I was in public school.

Warning - while you were typing 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Holy crap.

What was wrong, were you sheltered as ac child? Socially handicapped?

Didn't really know how to talk to people. However public school helped that.

Public schools are better
The public schools here are absolutely awful, especially the disciplinary system. A kid bullied another student? Better suspend the one who was bullied! It's happened to me before, and that's the reason I'm homeschooled.

While public schooling is likely less of a hassle overall, it looks to me like they're slowing down the students who are ahead. When shifting back into a public school system due to all the record-keeping involved in homeschooling through high school, my sister was forced to retake Algebra 1 despite providing proof that she was perfectly capable of taking Algebra 2 in 9th grade. This year the school system attempted to force her out of Algebra 2, claiming that she wasn't capable of taking both AP Geometry and Algebra 2, despite her being the top of both classes.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 01:52:49 PM by carolcat »

thing is i'm not antisocial because of homeschool, i'm homeschooled because of being antisocial

Again. Home schooling does not cause being a social outcast.

If you take sports are social activities it's fine. But most homeschooled people dont

If you take sports are social activities it's fine. But most homeschooled people dont
I'm lol'ing pretty hard now. Beachbum isn't getting it.

The public schools here are absolutely awful, especially the disciplinary system. A kid bullied another student? Better suspend the one who was bullied! It's happened to me before, and that's the reason I'm homeschooled.

While public schooling is likely less of a hassle overall, it looks to me like they're slowing down the students who are ahead. When shifting back into a public school system due to all the record-keeping involved in homeschooling through high school, my sister was forced to retake Algebra 1 despite providing proof that she was perfectly capable of taking Algebra 2 in 9th grade. This year the school system attempted to force her out of Algebra 2, claiming that she wasn't capable of taking both AP Geometry and Algebra 2, despite her being the top of both classes.

Well my high school is great. I hated my middle school and elementary school  though. But that's because the teachers were handicaps

What was wrong, were you sheltered as ac child? Socially handicapped?As if you can't just go out and socialize like a normal person. Do you only socialize with people that go to your school? Do you start your conversations about thing school-related?

It's easier because you see them every day

You're pretty stupid lol

Sports don't actually add to social interaction, and I've taken quite a few sports in my day. Groups like youth groups help social interaction.