Poll

Which are you?

Public-schooled
81 (74.3%)
Home-schooled
28 (25.7%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Author Topic: Public-schooled or Home-schooled?  (Read 13218 times)

Didn't really know how to talk to people. However public school helped that.
Sorry to rain on your parade, but entering a sport would have put you in better shape. In sports, at least you wouldn't get bullied to a pulp.
If you take sports are social activities it's fine. But most homeschooled people dont
That's not true. I bet you that many of us homeschoolers are just as athletic, if not more, than an average joe in public school. But for the social part:
Groups like youth groups help social interaction.

ITT: butthurt homeschoolers and a beachbum who is completly right...

You're pretty stupid lol

Sports don't actually add to social interaction, and I've taken quite a few sports in my day. Groups like youth groups help social interaction.

I have. Your doing it wrong

please show me where beachbum has said anything that is even remotely correct

I have. Your doing it wrong

not everyone is the same, we don't all learn to socialize and get along by doing the same things as everyone else

I don't think "butthurt" is the right word for this. "Defending ourselves" would be better.

At least, I'm not butthurt. I don't know about the others.

Public schooled (currently in "Gymnasium").

1. Public-schooled

Cons: Wake up at 5-6:00 to go to school (Based on Highschool), At school usually for 8 hours and still have homework to do afterwards, tests sometimes have to be studied over the weekend, you sometimes deal with bullies.
I wake up around 6:00, and that includes 1 hour trip to school (which isn't very common, and is based on a personal choice). Average school day for me is currently ~6-7, not exactly a lot of homework either. No bullies so far.

2. Home-schooled

Pros: sometimes gets days off when your sick.
Err, this isn't specific to home-schooling...?

please show me where beachbum has said anything that is even remotely correct

not everyone is the same, we don't all learn to socialize and get along by doing the same things as everyone else

People learn in different ways but regardless you still need social skills. And I am right about that

People learn in different ways but regardless you still need social skills. And I am right about that

that's what i'm saying, social skills can be learned in different ways as well

Where I live you're only homeschooled if you have a disability that makes it impossible for you to go to a regular school.

We get social skill. Public school isn't required for that.

Beachbum just put his stupid into maximum overdrive.

We get social skill. Just because we get a better education doesn't mean you gotta be hatin'.

I don't think "butthurt" is the right word for this. "Defending ourselves" would be better.

At least, I'm not butthurt. I don't know about the others.
I'm pretty sure the other guys here aren't either.
Drama beachbum. Now.

We get social skill. Public school isn't required for that.
'Yeah, I get my social skill from the blockland forums'
lol

Your not even defending yourself your just insulting me. Which isn't helping your case