Author Topic: Why curing cancer is a bad idea  (Read 20882 times)

more minds that will not share the cure, as the lack of money cannot get them an education

"will not share the cure"?  What does that mean? 

"lack of money cannot get them an education"  There are many ways to be educated.  You could even be a godsend, naturally talented person. 

Why would there be a lack of money?  Do you assume the economy would simply stop growing after +300 years of nonstop growth?  The economy would continue to grow like it always has.

I see your point OP and how it could hypothetically ruin the world, but there are too many wild factors you are missing.

My opinion isnt changing because you guys are just saying that my opinion is stupid.

When people can collectively agree that your idea is really god damn stupid, you should take it as a hint that it is a stupid idea.

"lets get pics from the internet, yeah that'll show him!"
If it matters, i laughed very hard

So you saw your father die a horrible death but went like "Well it was for the greater good of the world. The population is now lowered by 1"?
I doubt this greatly.
No. It was 2 years ago. I did not think about this back then

hey guess what

cancer /is not/ a population control disease. it kills about 7.6 million people, out of ~7.6 billion. not to mention more than 100 million people are born every year. it's like putting a paper cup out to stop an elephant from running.

hey guess what

cancer /is not/ a population control disease. it kills about 7.6 million people, out of ~7.6 billion. not to mention more than 100 million people are born every year. it's like putting a paper cup out to stop an elephant from running.

Didn't think of that.  Cancer is a killer but not a population check.

"will not share the cure"?  What does that mean?  
The cure cannot break free from their minds to be shared among the world
Why would there be a lack of money?  Do you assume the economy would simply stop growing after +300 years of nonstop growth?  The economy would continue to grow like it always has.
If the economy is growing, why are there lots of people in poverty? Why are countries in debt?

Lets no cure AIDS because it keeps the population low.

Good logic.

hey guess what

sums up 10/10

muzzle is a friend 10/10

gg thread

If the economy is growing, why are there lots of people in poverty? Why are countries in debt?

...because the economy is growing

Because it's unbalanced you silly goose

Theres going to be poverty no matter what. Whether the economy is strong or not doesn't mean there aren't going to be poor people. Countries are in debt because they buy more than they can pay, and or do things themselves that screw it up.

When there are to many people, people will die and it will level out to the point people can sustain themselves again. With modern advances we have been able to have 7+ billion people, but even with modern advances the population will become higher than the food being produced and the fresh water available and the population will decrease and stabilize.
Rinse and repeat.

Just my theory.

You know what, OP is right.
We should revert back to the medieval ages, and stop using technology and medicine to cure everyday illnesses. That way, more people will die, and earth will be saved!

That's just how the world works. There always as been and always be people in poverty.

Oh, let's see...
  • AIDS
  • Civil War
  • Mountinous areas that are hard to reach
  • Annual floods and Tsunamis
  • Corrupt government
And the list goes on.
You have no loving idea what you're talking about