So I bought Oblivion

Author Topic: So I bought Oblivion  (Read 4035 times)

aren't you one to talk.
um, yes?

did you read what i posted? are you disagreeing? lol

I really dislike the lack of hub towns, I play for less than an hour and I'm already thrown into oblivion.

I really dislike the lack of hub towns, I play for less than an hour and I'm already thrown into oblivion.
What do you mean?

there are fewer villages in Oblivion than in Skyrim.
so less random quests.

fred, get PC version GOTYE and mod it to death.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Elder-Scrolls-IV-Oblivion-Game-of-the-Year-Edition-PC-/200812935865?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true

What do you mean?
In skyrim you go to Riverwood and basically stay there until you go to Whiterun, restocking and such. The pacing in Oblivion is complete stuff on a stick, it's basically "emperor is dead, get the amulet to the priest, go get martin, THE TOWN IS OVER RUN BY HELL SPAWN, GO KILL THE HELL SPAWN, THERE ARE HELL SPAWN EVERYWHERE, AAAHHAHAG"

skyrim goes more along the lines of "dragon attacks you, you get away from dragon attack, go to Riverwood, quests, go to Whiterun, quests, OMG YOU ARE THE DOVHAKIIN!"

It throws you into the action much too fast for anything to get nostalgic, and it doesn't Immerse me as much as Skyrim did. My friends say that oblivion was much better, but honestly, I think Skyrim did a better job of telling a story. It also has better sword/shield combat, even if the magic isn't as good as oblivion.

I loved it, but it was my least favorite TES game :| Morrowind's my favorite.

The hardest to me is Daggerfall
 I almost feel as if Oblivion for some reason didn't appeal to me as much, It seemed so... easy (even though i am a pusillanimous individual and I haven't even gone to Oblivion yet)

I loved it, but it was my least favorite TES game :| Morrowind's my favorite.

The hardest to me is Daggerfall
 I almost feel as if Oblivion for some reason didn't appeal to me as much, It seemed so... easy (even though i am a pusillanimous individual and I haven't even gone to Oblivion yet)
Wait... What?
You're scared to go to Oblivion?
Are you 5?

Oblivion is hard as tits, did you just richard around in town all the time? Those little forgeters that attack you are the worst.

great game, not fun once you beat every quest though :(

Lol, no.
it is when you're running into hell completely unprepared with rusty armor, an iron short sword, and one health potion.

it is when you're running into hell completely unprepared with rusty armor, an iron short sword, and one health potion.
maybe it was just my experience, but I do remember completing the game without dying once.

maybe it was just my experience, but I do remember completing the game without dying once.
It took me around 30 minutes to realize that the guys follow you into the kvatch hallways to get the lord, I kept trying to leg it through there. It took me a few minutes to figure out that stunted scamps can use doors.

eh, i always wanted to try morrowind...

Morrowind is heavy on dialogue, story and is slow paced.

It's only fun if it's your kind of game. If not, it's just a boring game.

Confirmed for stuff taste.

The elder scrolls series is a really strange one. Each installment plays extremely differently. It's not that boltster has bad taste, it's that his taste in game differs from yours.

And saying otherwise makes you look like a pompous fanboy
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 09:21:24 PM by IkeTheGeneric »