Author Topic: Suggest brick doors/buttons/switches/windows/traps/whatever  (Read 7405 times)

Oh by the way will there be a separate frame brick that you would plant the doors in and they would resize to fit the frame?

This,
totally this
Use bricks.

Oh by the way will there be a separate frame brick that you would plant the doors in and they would resize to fit the frame?
No.

if the first door in the second picture (to the left) is the door above you have done it very awkwardly.... the door should have a 1x1 round section added to it as its a 5X brick not a 4X an it should not be placed in the middle of the line of studs but the left, or right so it can align with the 1x1 brick. the other end of the door should also curve inwards if you look closely at the picture.

before you say 'omg its blockland!!!' blockland is a game that replicates legos. if we can have round bricks, why can't we have a door with roundish parts?...

before you say 'omg its blockland!!!' blockland is a game that replicates legos. if we can have round bricks, why can't we have a door with roundish parts?...
I disagree.

The doors should have frames.... i hated jvs doors because they did not have frames and you would have to redo the wall if you wanted the door to be even with for example a wooden plank design floor.

Separate frames maybe? like the coffin?

Separate frames maybe? like the coffin?
Wouldn't work, you would need new models for all the doors. I'm not doing frames.

The doors should have frames.... i hated jvs doors because they did not have frames and you would have to redo the wall if you wanted the door to be even with for example a wooden plank design floor.
Frames look terrible. Why would you even want that?

Use bricks.
why use bricks? its much harder to replicate with bricks. lots of stupid events and on top of that building the second door which would be difficult... people like the idea of a trapdoor so why not make one? it couldn't be too challenging for you, could it?

why use bricks? its much harder to replicate with bricks. lots of stupid events and on top of that building the second door which would be difficult... people like the idea of a trapdoor so why not make one? it couldn't be too challenging for you, could it?
Very easy in fact but I feel like it would be more convincing as a trap if it was built from bricks. I might give it a shot anyways. UV mapping will be annoying.

Will you be doing an french door like this one:
http://www.all-about-screen-doors.com/frenchdoorscreens.html
Should that be a sliding door? How do those even work in Blockland? Nobody builds 3 stud thick walls.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 02:38:43 PM by Demian »

Two things. One:
A pet peeve of mine is that the round hatch that is currently around is waay too tall. I couldnt find any pictures of a smaller type ones (Almost like the one on a tank). Basically a shorter one, and possibly smaller so that it can be used for things.

Also, a door like this would be fun.

Or some thing like that with the hatch and gears and shtuff.