Author Topic: Suggest Action Rpg's (Now attracting handicaps apparently)  (Read 13794 times)

I am in the mood for a specific style and you are ignoring that.
and what specific style is that?

and what specific style is that?
Read the first post and you wont be clueless anymore. God damn.

Are you still here? I thought you said you were leaving.

Read the first post and you wont be clueless anymore. God damn.
why not morrowind or oblivion? or perhaps world of warcraft? or dota?

dwarf fortress

and what would be an example of a game you are looking for? you said LoZ isn't it, and you said final fantasy wasnt action rpg, and you said you wanted sprites.

so like uh whats left?

LoZ styled, but ARPG. (LoZ is Action-Adventure technically.)

So more or less, RPG, Sprite graphics, no battle menus, everything has to be real time.

dwarf fortress
Adventure Mode, Also don't quit the first time you die, That game seems like it's based around you dieing sometimes.
Edit: Why real time? Turn based is the way to go.

is it THAT hard to comprehend what hes looking for? dwarf fortress adventure mode ISNT what hes looking for.

there are some pretty good realtime rougelike rpgs, like 3059 which is a realtime space action rpg
i think

is it THAT hard to comprehend what hes looking for? dwarf fortress adventure mode ISNT what hes looking for.
then why don't you suggest something since you know?

Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Evermore, Soul Blazer, Shadowrun
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 09:55:11 PM by Cybersix »

If you don't mind Byond then Epic is pretty fun.
http://www.byond.com/games/YutPut/Epic
Edit:What the game is about.

Enter the world of Epic, and experience an amazing adventure spanning a huge world filled with vast deserts, dark space stations, lush forests, and even Rabbit Temples.

Epic is a constantly growing game which has received wide applause for being an excellent blend of Zelda's action adventure game-play, Skyrim's RPG elements, and optional online 4-player Co-Op.

0.9 is available. Will you finally destroy the Chaos God, or will he just lead you down another path? Find out if you confront him in the new town of Clockwerk!

Go ahead and check it out!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 09:56:10 PM by nienhaus1 »

I might check it out, even though it looks like it was made in mspaint.

then why don't you suggest something since you know?
do i know any games that fit the type? not really. hes looking for games LIKE the top down LoZs. simple controls. a to slash or shoot. similar to something you would typically find on the NES or SNES, but it could be a more modern game. the closest thing i can THINK of is realm of the mad god.

do i know any games that fit the type? not really. hes looking for games LIKE the top down LoZs. simple controls. a to slash or shoot. similar to something you would typically find on the NES or SNES, but it could be a more modern game. the closest thing i can THINK of is realm of the mad god.
Realm of the Mad God is a bullet hell.

i havent gotten far in it but it seemed to fit well for the first hour of playing