Scribblenauts Megathread

Author Topic: Scribblenauts Megathread  (Read 13074 times)

Scribblenauts Megathread

(Click the box arts to see their Wikipedia page)

What is Scribblenauts?
Quote from: Wikipedia
Scribblenauts is an exclusively side-scrolling game controlled almost entirely with the Nintendo DS stylus, with the D-pad and face buttons controlling the camera and the left and right shoulder buttons rotating objects. The player controls a character named Maxwell, who must collect objects called "Starites" to complete each level. Maxwell is guided by tapping the touchscreen, or if the player taps an object, Maxwell will pick it up or be given other options for interacting with that object, such as riding a horse or bicycle or shooting at an object if he holds a weapon. A fundamental element of Scribblenauts is the ability of the player to summon myriad objects into the game. This is achieved by writing the name of an object on the touchscreen. For example, the player can write "ladder", summoning a ladder, which the player may use to climb to an out-of-reach Starite. The player may turn the ladder on its side and set it on fire. The player may also chain objects together, such as chaining a piece of meat to a pole and holding it while riding on a raptor. As such, the developers consider the game to strongly promote emergent gameplay.

Reviews:
Scribblenauts
IGN: 8.7
Freek: 8
Super Scribblenauts
IGN: 9
Freek: 8.9
GameShark: 100
Scribblenauts Remix
IGN: 9
Freek: 8.5
Scribblenauts Unlimited
IGN: 8.8
PCMag: "Scribblenauts excels as a 2D sandbox title where reality becomes your plaything."
Freek: 9.7

News:

1/22/13: Scribblenauts Collection to be released on Nintendo DS on 2/26

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/01/scribblenauts_is_doubling_up_on_nintendo_ds
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 10:16:33 AM by Freek »

Holy stuff really?
Wait
I can't see it
Is it available in the UK?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 10:46:33 AM by Blooker »

Holy stuff really?
Wait
I can't see it
Is it available in the UK?
might be

might be
It isn't, there's only a trailer
forget you Freek, getting my hopes up :((((((((

not available in france

why?

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 11:18:30 AM by snot2 »

So basically it's not available in any decent regions of the world? What's the point of releasing it then?

because steam is stupid

You are the one who is stupid, Steam does not make these decisions. Quit pulling stuff out of your ass.

So basically it's not available in any decent regions of the world? What's the point of releasing it then?

If I can't have it, nobody can!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 11:32:53 AM by Zaure »

If I can't have it, nobody can!

There's people who don't live in EU or AU?

damn you WB, making the only good DS-to-PC game exclusive to americunts

any ideas when it becomes available in europe?

i wanted to preorder
but i am an eu person :(

did you know that an american can gift a person in europe a game that isn't available in europe and they can play it?

did you know that an american can gift a person in europe a game that isn't available in europe and they can play it?
Americans are awesome!!