Author Topic: You are not shy.  (Read 8769 times)

I'd say it's more along the lines of someone you'd like to be with, hang out with, etc.

Yeah, but I like being with friends, but it's different with someone you love.

Relationships are dumb and lead to rashes

Sorry to single you out as the example, Ike, but this exactly addresses a point I'd like to make.

Most people on the forums seem to think that dating and/or fooling around with a girl is a serious relationship.  The truth is, as a young adult, you can't have a serious relationship.  That's not to say you don't care about the person; you should try to find a girl/guy who you're compatible with.  Make it fun and exciting.  Try to have a good time, and I'm not just talking about love.

But if it becomes too daunting, you two break up.  It's as simple as that.  No harm done.

If I find a girl I fancy, it's just a matter of respecting her enough to not want to waste her time :(

If I find a girl I fancy, it's just a matter of respecting her enough to not want to waste her time :(
Me.

If I find a girl I fancy, it's just a matter of respecting her enough to not want to waste her time :(

I was too clingy, apparently.

I have far more respect for someone who approached a member of the opposite (or same) love, got rejected, then moved on than someone who either got rejected and became dejected or didn't try at all. All of my friends feel the same way and I'm sure most everyone else does too. This idea that you have to live up to the standards of every peer who judges you or makes fun of you is absolutely foolish. My friends make fun of me all the time, and vice versa, but none of us get sad or mad because we know that how we feel is right to us; and that's all that matters. Do what feels right to you, not what you think looks good to others.

I know I sound like a cheesy teen drama but I've had to learn this on my own over time. I was heavily sheltered by religion growing up. I wasn't allowed to go anywhere or do anything that didn't involve the church, which made me not want to do anything at all. I was home schooled until I was 16 and neither of my parents ever taught me anything about being social, nor would they the times I asked. All I knew was the barrier of butterfly kisses and hugs that my mother had built around me, obscuring my view of the outside world and misleading all of my early ideas of who people were. I started from square one, all by myself, learning how to interact with other people. If it weren't for, oddly enough, one of my sister's ex boyfriends, I wouldn't be as functional as I am right now. When I hit my teens- after my dad died- I went to him with all the questions I was comfortable enough to ask. We've been friends for 10 years now.

This is way too long for a stupid FB status style cookie cutter post about teenage insecurity, so I'm going to end it here. Just thought I'd share with you guys something that I had to learn the hard way, and how important it is just to ask others for help when you need it. There's always going to be someone willing to help, it all comes down to how willing you are to actually listen.

It's easy to judge others for not trying.
It's much harder to actually talk yourself into it.

It's easy to judge others for not trying.
It's much harder to actually talk yourself into it.
The trick is to chicken out so many times that you start to hate yourself for it. It doesn't make anything less scary, but your motivation will skyrocket and you'll get something done.

The trick is to chicken out so many times that you start to hate yourself for it. It doesn't make anything less scary, but your motivation will skyrocket and you'll get something done.
p sur dr. blok is bein dr. BULL lol!!

this doesn't seem an actual plausibility

p sur dr. blok is bein dr. BULL lol!!

this doesn't seem an actual plausibility
Well it's definitely not the kind of situation you should try to put yourself in but it could work.
Of course the anti-anxiety meds might have played a role in there too so...



Well it's definitely not the kind of situation you should try to put yourself in but it could work.
Of course the anti-anxiety meds might have played a role in there too so...
maybe for some

idk

i'd rather explore my own psychology and exploit holes in the 'shyness', or anything preventing me from doing whatever, that could allow me to do whatever it is i needed to do