Author Topic: You are not shy.  (Read 8781 times)

I was kidding about my above post, btw.

Blockland forums is a great place to have stuff proofchecked and shifted to stuff more realistic, thats why i do threads like these.

you guys are better than google and reddit combined lol

the best part about this thread is that zenon of all people made it
not to mention, well, you know, how wrong it is

i dont see how me having to make it has anything to do with it qq

also someone is going to scream "omg zenon nic try trying to mak it sond like a socal exprment i no ur just retrded!!"

Everyone has confidence on the internet
Bull spit! I'm, like, horribly insecure on the Internet. In fact, I hide it better in person than I do online.

EDIT: On the other hand, I called you out on that. I'd never do that in person...

Your argument seems flawed to me. I separate the internet. I'm not very outgoing towards strangers in reality, but when I hop on the internet I don't give a stuff about what I say and to whom. If I taunt someone online, I'll eventually forget about it because it most likely won't impact me in the future. However, if I rub someone the wrong way at school, I'll probably be stuck with that person and that memory until the end of the school year and maybe longer. It could have been someone that, had we become friends, could have changed my life or personality in one way or another, and I probably would realize such as time went on. But again, had it been some stranger on the internet, I could probably care less. After all, a lot of people I become friends with online I rarely talk to. Basically, it's easier for some people to communicate with others (and often times talk stuff) when the person they're talking to is probably a few miles to a few countries away.

i read this
thought about it
and suddenly realized you're entirely right.
i care waaaay too much about reputation.

T3HZ3N0N, you are really dumb.


I don't like people looking at me because I think I'm ugly and have lots of appearance issues and I think I'll be made fun of. So I don't talk much at all and keep to myself in real life. I don't think I have much of en ego at all either.

And this:
T3HZ3N0N, you are really dumb.

I don't like people looking at me because I think I'm ugly and have lots of appearance issues and I think I'll be made fun of. So I don't talk much at all and keep to myself in real life. I don't think I have much of en ego at all either.

And this:
You are beautiful
Although I havent seen a pic in about 3 years

I love it when people post their "profound" ideas on things, despite evidence to the contrary and years of research. You are not a psychologist, you are not a doctor you are not even a full time employee. You have no credentials in this field and you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

i suppose you'd consider yourself shy because you either have way too much ego or way too little self-esteem.

i mean, the only reason you'd care about another person's opinion on you is if
a. you're afraid their opinion could become what everyone thinks about you
or
b. you're afraid they'll confirm some negative thought you've had about yourself.

now i'm not you, but i don't see many other reasons for not being confident.

i suppose you'd consider yourself shy because you either have way too much ego or way too little self-esteem.

i mean, the only reason you'd care about another person's opinion on you is if
a. you're afraid their opinion could become what everyone thinks about you
or
b. you're afraid they'll confirm some negative thought you've had about yourself.

now i'm not you, but i don't see many other reasons for not being confident.

Fear of rejection

i suppose you'd consider yourself shy because you either have way too much ego or way too little self-esteem.

i mean, the only reason you'd care about another person's opinion on you is if
a. you're afraid their opinion could become what everyone thinks about you
or
b. you're afraid they'll confirm some negative thought you've had about yourself.

now i'm not you, but i don't see many other reasons for not being confident.
D. Don't want to bother someone with your lameness.

Fear of rejection
that's sort of a, because if one person gets a negative opinion about you and eventually a large group of people all think the same thing, then that ends up being rejection.

D. Don't want to bother someone with your lameness.
well in this case you've got low self-esteem if you think you're lame.

I think there is some truth in what op is saying. However, there are some legitimate medical terms that could pose as reasons why someone would be "shy" towards women.

Kakorrhaphiophobia (or the fear of failure).
This is a problem I feel I have myself. And it doesn't necessarily have to apply to girls. When trying out for a sport, or give a presentation, I always have a strong fear that the outcome could turn out badly. Which is the same way I feel when attempting to talk to girls. "What if she laughs in my face" "What if she ignores me" or the worst, "What if she acts polite, and then immediately goes and laughs about me with her friends."

Another,
Anthrophobia (or the fear of social situations in general)
This is perhaps more common, although I can't say that I have it myself, many people who we would call "socially awkward" are in fact victims of this phobia. People with this are usually afraid of the pressure that is placed upon anyone in social situations, highschool especially, that results from the expectations to always say the right things, or be funny, or be "cool".

Now as for the "big ego" that op was getting at...
I don't have any term to refer to. But there are many people who would rather say "what if" than face the consequences of it going wrong. Which in my opinion, goes directly back to Kakorrhaphiophobia.

In the end, I believe that any one of these three scenarios could be categorized as "being shy" or, "awkward".
In other words...
This thread is pointless.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 12:53:10 AM by Ticonderoga »

I love it when people post their "profound" ideas on things, despite evidence to the contrary and years of research. You are not a psychologist, you are not a doctor you are not even a full time employee. You have no credentials in this field and you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
these threads are so annoying, man, agreed
not to mention how the op pretty much always acts ever so superior despite being a huge monday themselves

You are beautiful
augh