Author Topic: You are not shy.  (Read 8779 times)

"handicaps and general richards" is a funny way of saying people with self confidence.
You only see them as this out of jealousy, having self confidence doesn't make you a richard and it is what gets you girls.
Oh yeah, sorry for some reason I didn't think of saying "people with self confidence" my bad

Never been interested honestly. There were a few girls that I thought were pretty and nice but I just waited and I realized I didn't actually have any feelings for them. Probably going to be this way for a while.
But yes, I actually am antisocial. I sit alone at lunch to recuperate from social exposure. There are multiple tables of people that I know well and respect and I'm not interested in joining them. If it was a group of better friends, then maybe. Still, I think I am legitimately shy. Years back I had to have medication for anxiety and depression. I don't relate well to my peer-group; I'm much better with socializing with people a good deal younger or older than me, and it's always been that way.
Thats exactly what it's like for me lol. I take meds and Im afraid theyve made me feel almost nothing. I'm not shy though, I'm just introverted

Oh yeah, sorry for some reason I didn't think of saying "people with self confidence" my bad
A common mistake.

I'm not shy, I just don't feel ready for a serious relationship. I'm only sixteen dammit, I'm still a kid!

I have no problem talking to women so long as they aren't interested in me. Otherwise it's awkward because I don't know how to react to any of those emotions all up in there.

And for some reason people like me and are like I love you and Im like uh no thank u

You are not shy, you are not insecure, you just have a big ego.

 /facepalm

I've never dated a girl before because I don't have the guts to ask them out, I would't say that in real life but I say it here because its the Internet and I don't know anyone here.

This isn't an all encompassing statement, but it does hold trite in a lot of cases.

By the way you say it there's no way to describe someone as shy or insecure in any loving situation.

"You aren't insecure about jumping off a ledge, you're just afraid your ego will fall to the ground as much as you did if you do survive."

"You aren't insecure about jumping off a ledge, you're just afraid your ego will fall to the ground as much as you did if you do survive."
Wow way to over-exaggerate the situation. Talking to a girl isn't loving killing youself.

Wow way to over-exaggerate the situation. Talking to a girl isn't loving killing youself.

I just used that as an example for the thing that I said before that, showing it is replacing shy/insecure with ego in all uses by the way OP says it.

So what is having low self esteem?
Having an ego that's about to explode?
It has nothing to do with your ego. If you have low self confidence and little to no social skills, and then decide to not embarrass yourself in front of everyone isn't having a massive ego.

yeh im pretty much the same only i dont take meds
Yeah, I don'-
Thats exactly what it's like for me lol. I take meds and Im afraid theyve made me feel almost nothing. I'm not shy though, I'm just introverted
I don't take the medication anymore; I've gotten over it to an extent. But introversion is fine.

I generally don't take medication for any psychological problems unless they're degrading my health.

A pill's not an answer to antisocial issues

Shy/insecure guys don't make the move
Confident guys do
^ gets the girl

Shy guy doesn't
You can be shy and make the move anyway. People just give up to easily.

Don't think this is coming from the perspective of someone who doesn't understand; Social interactions scare the hell out of me but I have first hand experience with being a shut-in and staying in my comfort zone all the time, and it's not fun. Not at all. I wasted the last year of my life being comfortable.