Author Topic: You are not shy.  (Read 8777 times)

This thread makes me cringe. You can't talk about being shy or insecure unless you are shy or insecure; OP is totally wrong. :Y

neck minit op r 1 of the ppl

Never been interested honestly. There were a few girls that I thought were pretty and nice but I just waited and I realized I didn't actually have any feelings for them. Probably going to be this way for a while.
But yes, I actually am antisocial. I sit alone at lunch to recuperate from social exposure. There are multiple tables of people that I know well and respect and I'm not interested in joining them. If it was a group of better friends, then maybe. Still, I think I am legitimately shy. Years back I had to have medication for anxiety and depression. I don't relate well to my peer-group; I'm much better with socializing with people a good deal younger or older than me, and it's always been that way.
yeh im pretty much the same only i dont take meds

Who 'asks' or makes a polite 'request' for someone to be their 'girlfriend' anyway? That's so awkward, it's like a pending request for a job position.

i don't think i've ever seen it done in such a simplistic fashion outside of gradeschool, so really, no one

nothing i love more than relationship advice from a guy who has probaby never been in a relationship

hello and welcome to the quote that is relevant to EVERY relationship topic!

i dont kno wat girls r but dey sound wierd

The problem isn't that people misinterpret their own social fears. The problem is that people use them as excuses too much. You can be legitimately too shy but think about it, it's not physically impossible to go out there and get what you what. Trust me, I've been there, you just need to ignore your fears for like 30 seconds. Ego has nothing to do with it.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 06:23:29 AM by Dr.Block »

Unfortunately teenagers have a very difficult time forgetting embarrassing incidents that others experienced, such as being openly rejected. Regardless of whether or not you considered it to be demoralizing, people have a tendency to do that. I've seen it countless times, even to people with a lot of confidence who were outright humiliated by none other than their 'friends,' not the actual girl/guy in question.

Unfortunately teenagers have a very difficult time forgetting embarrassing incidents that others experienced, such as being openly rejected. Regardless of whether or not you considered it to be demoralizing, people have a tendency to do that. I've seen it countless times, even to people with a lot of confidence who were outright humiliated by none other than their 'friends,' not the actual girl/guy in question.
I never understood that idea of being humiliated by your own friends. How are they even your friends if they're going to humiliate you?

I'm just afraid of being social with girls.

How are girls scary? If something happened they would be easy to kill.

Shy/insecure guys don't make the move
Confident guys do
^ gets the girl

Shy guy doesn't
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:33:37 AM by sorrel »

....wtf ipod y u double post
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 04:17:37 PM by sorrel »

Shy/insecure guys don't make the move
handicaps and general richards do
^ gets the girl

Shy guy doesn't
"handicaps and general richards" is a funny way of saying people with self confidence.
You only see them as this out of jealousy, having self confidence doesn't make you a richard and it is what gets you girls.