Author Topic: RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing  (Read 257179 times)

thanks ephi
a few things though, I've noticed I don't have any saved chat logs is this a glitch or something? and their should be an button under add-ons to enable only default add-ons

No worries. Yeah there's a problem with chat logs at the moment - there's a fix for it but I've not fully tested it yet. I'm out of the country at the moment so I'm not able to do much but when I do get the chance I'll be deploying those changes.

The default add-ons button has been requested a fair bit so I'll certainly be looking into that.

My server says it's been up for 1 second while it was up for at least a 2 weeks

Haha, same.

Once you have 7 or less days left on your contract you can go to the "Billing" tab and hit the renew icon next to the contract you want to renew.

Oh okay thanks

Yep this is something else that'll be fixed in the aforementioned release.

How would one go about getting Squideey textures for everybody on the server?

How would one go about getting Squideey textures for everybody on the server?

Install them as you would on your own server - use FTP to connect, drop the textures into base/data/shapes and restart your server. They'll be replaced with the originals when the server is updated.

NY02 is lagging a lot right now.

NY02 is lagging a lot right now.
No kidding.

People have been complaining about lag at my server a lot the past couple of days.

So uh my server wont shut down ;_;

I shut down my server and went to boot it up, and it just stays at "booting".

Hi all - the various issues with servers not doing anything should be resolved now. The command push functionality fell over and the monitoring didn't manage to catch that so I'll be re-doing tests to ensure that's caught in the future.

As for ny02, we mentioned a while ago about being aware that the routing for the IP it uses isn't optimal so users may be getting affected by this. We've got a ticket open with our provider to assign it a new IP from our usual IP block which should solve the routing issues and as soon as that's going ahead we'll post an update here with further details.

I still do ask that you follow the steps Rub gave on how to correctly report lag in a way that enables us to investigate it fully for you since there's very little we can do or say without something more than "it's lagging."

More info for you in this quote:

In future when reporting a problem please ensure you include the following information:
  • Node hostname or IP - it's important that you know which node you're reporting a problem for so we can match logs up and find the issue. If you report a problem without knowing what node you're on (the above example says lag on NY01 but reports the NY02 IP, what?), your report cannot be followed up.
  • Time and date including timezone - if we don't know when you're experiencing problems, we can't match logs up to work out and fix the problem. If there is a serious case of high latency and you don't think it's localised to you, it's important we find out times and routes so we can work with upstream providers to understand the issue.
  • Server host - lag can sometimes be caused by high CPU usage, this needs to be checked in logs too

If you don't include that information, your report is 100% useless, will be considered as spam and reported accordingly. I'm happy to hear reports of problems so we can fix them and improve service quality, but if we're not receiving data, nothing can be done.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 10:31:35 PM by Ephialtes »

The server has crashed 5 times or so in the last hour.