Author Topic: RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing  (Read 256130 times)

The return of atfclan? Warground pls

it sucks that the service is leaving, but i'm glad that you're standing up to badspot's stuff. maybe he'll realize that he might actually have to update his game and that he can't just slap on pretty graphics and release it on steam hoping for more cash. he might have to actually follow through with his "bigger than a copy of unity" updates  :cookieMonster:

it sucks that the service is leaving, but i'm glad that you're standing up to badspot's stuff. maybe he'll realize that he might actually have to update his game and that he can't just slap on pretty graphics and release it on steam hoping for more cash. he might have to actually follow through with his "bigger than a copy of unity" updates  :cookieMonster:
For sure, I was disappointed that he allowed Steam users to register on the forum but didn't extend the functionality for community use.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:23:03 PM by Rub »

Well frankly, this is disappointing.

Also,
This lack of interest and co-operation from Blockland makes it too hard to justify our continued efforts to provide an excellent service under these circumstances so we've opted to refocus our attention on some other indie game communities instead.
does this mean you guys are leaving Blockland all together?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 01:13:38 PM by Acerblock »

It appears about so. This is only my speculation, but Ephi probably only stuck around BL because of RTB, and now all facets of RTB have been closed.

ROFL drama. Okay, then.

Why is this in Drama? Come on..

Did Ephialtes and Badspot get into a fight or something? I wonder why this would be in Drama otherwise.

Did Ephialtes and Badspot get into a fight or something? I wonder why this would be in Drama otherwise.
Badspot is probably pissed off that Ephi is leaving. Even in the OP, Ephialtes was complaining about Steam and stuff like that.

Well, I do wish Ephi and Lub good luck in other games.

The entire topic turned into a drama.

I am very disappointed.

Badspot doesn't even listen to Ephialtes' pleads to allow steam users to have some form of key system.

What the forget is this stuff.

Badspot is probably pissed off that Ephi is leaving. Even in the OP, Ephialtes was complaining about Steam and stuff like that.

Well, I do wish Ephi and Lub good luck in other games.
Badspot doesn't seem to loving care.

It's probably because of this:

Quote from: Ephialtes
With the Steam release, we were hoping for access to a larger client base to enable us to provide more reliable service with the additional income. Unfortunately it's been two months and we're still having to turn away all Steam users because there's no way for them to authenticate their dedicated servers without a key. This lack of interest and co-operation from Blockland makes it too hard to justify our continued efforts to provide an excellent service under these circumstances so we've opted to refocus our attention on some other indie game communities instead. To be frank, having to deal with a completely ambivalent development team when we're providing such a high quality professional level of service to a community is insulting and not something we're interested in continuing to do.

Oh god, this is honestly getting serious.