RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing

Author Topic: RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing  (Read 257041 times)

Hey kalphiter, would you mind telling me what company hosts your server? I am looking for a good/not too expensive host.
This used to be my host, I think you're better off with this one: http://hetzner.de/en/
I would choose it over anything else if location is not an issue.

I think the host I linked to is better than what I have right now, but not an ideal location for networked games with a US client base.

if i was to have a server on your service, could i upload that save without it lagging the server?
What do you mean by "lagging the server"? I'm pretty sure brick loading is rate limited as to not create bricks too fast for networked transfer; that is why loading took the same time between services.

Its crap. Server4You. Not that their hardware is crap, Just their support, and stuff. Last time I checked his thinking about switching.

Server4you isn't the best out there but for its money value, it's worth it. I'm not planning on switching because it is working great.

Dear god my rtb name is horrifying and ashaming, how will I ever buy this service without brining certain doom upon myself?
lolguyCough

Did you hit the refresh button?
Nope, Lub already showed me, I didn't see it, Sorry.

Dear god my rtb name is horrifying and ashaming, how will I ever buy this service without brining certain doom upon myself?
lolguyCough
You create a new account for this service.

imho the best thing that has happened to blockland in a while.

imho the best thing that has happened to blockland in a while.
I agree, competition will work great for Blockland hosting.

Will FTP be integrated into the Online Panel? Or always using a FTP Program.

online FTP sounds cool i guess c;

We'll soon be adding the ability to upload add-ons from your PC or from RTB directly. As for an online file manager - it's totally possible and something I'd love to do to remove the need for an FTP program but it'd be a lot of development work so it may be a way down the line.

This used to be my host, I think you're better off with this one: http://hetzner.de/en/
I would choose it over anything else if location is not an issue.

I think the host I linked to is better than what I have right now, but not an ideal location for networked games with a US client base.
What do you mean by "lagging the server"? I'm pretty sure brick loading is rate limited as to not create bricks too fast for networked transfer; that is why loading took the same time between services.
Server4you isn't the best out there but for its money value, it's worth it. I'm not planning on switching because it is working great.
I noticed it said Euro, is there a transfer for the american dollar? Thanks btw.

because they are no settings right now maybe?

because they are no settings right now maybe?

Yeah settings isn't done yet as there's nothing really to change beyond your password. I've put a holding page up and once there's more things to "set" there will be a proper page there.

I noticed it said Euro, is there a transfer for the american dollar? Thanks btw.
The conversion fee (amount depending on payment method) probably won't matter. Divide every price by 1.19 because you will not be paying VAT as a non-EU resident.