Would you be in favor of dynamic grounds?

Poll

Yes / No?

Yes.
26 (96.3%)
No
1 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Would you be in favor of dynamic grounds?  (Read 2772 times)

So, let's say that you hit the ground with a special hammer, and the ground breaks as if it is a brick. Would anyone be in favor of this? This would essentially allow you to build underground tunnels, and other really cool builds where natural light is not exposed.

Not a suggestion. I just want some community thoughts on dynamic grounds.

Sounds kind of like Trench and Unlimited Mining.

except, there's nothing above you.

It'd be awesome because then we could carve out terrain instead of building it upwards

Doubt it's something that's ever going to be made though

It'd be awesome because then we could carve out terrain instead of building it upwards

Doubt it's something that's ever going to be made though
True, if you go under the map using the orb, their is nothing there, badspot and his crew would not remake the map for that.

This would be nice, but the reality is that this sort of process would be very resource heavy, no matter what. There simply is not a good way to do it without engine work

this could be done without lag by making ground bricks only generate if they're removed, so if you remove a brick more bricks appear around that

This would be nice, but the reality is that this sort of process would be very resource heavy, no matter what. There simply is not a good way to do it without engine work
Breaks the ground with the "special hammer" *Game Crash*

Impossible, the ground is a one sided, flat surface. You can't make tunnels and stuff.

Impossible, the ground is a one sided, flat surface. You can't make tunnels and stuff.
That's why its a dream..

and bricks underground would float? or what?

I don't know if it's been changed or not, but when I messed around in the mission editor before it was removed I could take out holes in the ground and fall through them. I don't see why you can't just change the size of those holes and then generate bricks where you hammer, kinda like how unlimited mining does it.

Edit: but then again, I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to the engine itself.