Author Topic: Webster, NY Shooting - Two Firefighters Shot and Killed at a fire.  (Read 10600 times)

-snip-
Not dangerous at all!
I didn't say guns weren't dangerous, I'm saying that some people liking guns is pretty harmless, unless you have a mental disorder.
Not sure how anyone can sit in this thread and deny that America has a serious gun problem after the recent events, the ignorance is disgusting. Innocent people are dying because normal people think that owning guns is normal, it's sickening.

Lol at that picture just posted, most of the top countries still live in mud huts.
I'm not saying there isn't a problem with guns, I'm saying that stereotyping a majority of people in America to be gun-wielding psychos is silly.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 01:10:59 PM by Kimon »

Not dangerous at all!

Gosh, doing much better than those socialist commie European left-wing countries!
All of the countries topping the list are lawless hellholes anyway. The USA has a much higher homicide rate than those other countries but I've already given my idea on why that happens twice.

Just look at this thread,

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=216975.0

Kids growing up around guns and thinking knowing all about them is cool is nothing but dangerous.
I don't doubt your personal knowledge on weaponry, but if you're trying to make a point that people shouldn't even be allowed to know about them or much less have it as a hobby is outright absurd. You also speak like a paranoid human being when you say "nothing but dangerous.".
Not sure how anyone can sit in this thread and deny that America has a serious gun problem after the recent events, the ignorance is disgusting. Innocent people are dying because normal people think that owning guns is normal, it's sickening.

Lol at that picture just posted, most of the top countries still live in mud huts.
We would have less of a serious gun problem if weapon ownership laws were less restrictive and people had a better way of defending themselves. What experience do you speak from.

All of the countries topping the list are lawless hellholes anyway. The USA has a much higher homicide rate than those other countries but I've already given my idea on why that happens twice.
Why does it happen in the USA more?

We would have less of a serious gun problem if weapon ownership laws were less restrictive and people had a better way of defending themselves. What experience do you speak from.
Tell me about how uncommon using a gun in defense is in comparison to accidental and intentional gun injuries.

What experience do you speak from.
Well I live in the UK and barely anyone cares about guns, no one owns guns and we have no problem. Are you telling me that's just one big coincidence?

I don't think it's access to guns, but rather knowledge of guns. If you don't know a damn thing about guns how could you ever protect yourself with one???

Why does it happen in the USA more?
Countries like Britain have had little civilian (and even police, most general police forces in Britain have no guns, just batons) interaction with guns for a long time. America has been around for 400 years and has had the biggest relation with guns out of probably any country in the world. Stack that on top of our organized crime, our militaristic media that constantly shove violence down our throats and the general stufftiness of people and our mental care system and you've got the absolute worst-case scenario for gun violence. There's no turning back now; there never was.

I've never heard anybody say they love shooting things, unless it's hunting, and assuming all Americans are like that is pretty tribal.
lold hard
you're white, lub is white, american isnt a race.
I didn't say guns weren't dangerous, I'm saying that some people liking guns is pretty harmless, unless you have a mental disorder.
criminals like guns because they can kill people with them
you're making horrible arguments, js

Let me just see how many mass shootings there has been in the rest of the world... oh look barely any.

What!? Excuse me?? Barely any??
Where in earth did you get that statistic!?

Are you daft or something? You couldn't have looked too far...

What!? Excuse me?? Barely any??
Where in earth did you get that statistic!?

Are you daft or something? You couldn't have looked too far...
Tip: by rest of the world, Lub means the bottom of the chart I posted.

Why does it happen in the USA more?
Tell me about how uncommon using a gun in defense is in comparison to accidental and intentional gun injuries.
It's very uncommon to use a gun in defense, primarily because people cannot use one to defend themselves to begin with. Accidental gun injuries shouldn't come as a surprise either, if you don't know what you're doing then you're going to most likely end up hurting yourself. We invented gun classes for a reason. And your intentional gun injuries come from criminals who shoot at people without them. Tell me that you possess any sort of common sense.
Well I live in the UK and barely anyone cares about guns, no one owns guns and we have no problem. Are you telling me that's just one big coincidence?

You guys still have criminals and law breakers. Crime isn't isolated to gun use. It's true that gun restriction can lead to less crime involving a gun, but if you're concerned about stopping crime altogether you're focusing in the wrong place.

What!? Excuse me?? Barely any??
Where in earth did you get that statistic!?

Are you daft or something? You couldn't have looked too far...
Lol please, do you even read the news? The news is constantly full of US shootings, I see shootings elsewhere so rarely.

By the rest of the world I mean the civilised western world (this includes America believe it or not).

Crime isn't isolated to gun use. It's true that gun restriction can lead to less crime involving a gun, but if you're concerned about stopping crime altogether you're focusing in the wrong place.
Stopping crime will never happen, mass shootings of innocents are so much more devastating than most other crimes though.

Crime isn't isolated to gun use. It's true that gun restriction can lead to less crime involving a gun, but if you're concerned about stopping crime altogether you're focusing in the wrong place.
pretty sure he's just talking about people not getting shot
and killed
like it happens in the US

lold hard
you're white, lub is white, american isnt a race.
criminals like guns because they can kill people with them
you're making horrible arguments, js
So, everyone in America is a criminal?

Also, I'm not really sure what you would want me to call it besides racism. I could use a different word if you like, but I'm not sure what that word would be.